Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dedham, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm that Dedham is using the on-site Superchargers to charge Model 3s prior to delivery. I took delivery a week ago at 4pm, and my car's supercharging history shows that it was supercharged that morning at 8:44am (to approximately 80% SOC). My Delivery Advisor remarked that they had already done about 20 Model 3 deliveries that day, plus some number of Model S / X.

But even with 35 deliveries per day (as my advisor suggested would be the case this weekend), one would think you'd only need two (*maybe* three) SC stalls and an iPhone timer to ensure that every vehicle delivered that day would have 70-80% SOC at pickup...

Reactions: Brass Guy
The model 3 delivery is badly run at this place. They are using supercharger spots as parking spots while the other side of the lot is completely free of any delivery business. This is getting pretty bad.
IMG_20180929_105651_01.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: RAW84
Does this site show as reduced service on the Nav? The SLC location is also packed and they are staging cars for delivery at the superchargers. SLC shows as reduced service because of this.

Yes it does show as reduced service.

I think they leased a lot across the street as well where another dealer used to be (Volvo?) Cuz there are a ton of Tesla's over there.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
Dedham supercharger is shown as either reduce service on the maps, or completely unavailable (depending on where you look). I spoke with the service manager a week ago and asked him about it. He said they wanted to remove it from the map, because of all of the deliveries. They actually have 1 additional supercharger inside the shop and another one that got installed not too long ago in the back lot, but they are running out of space. The lot across the street is full. They apparently have another lot somewhere near Whole Foods also, which has about 3 times the amount of cars then the old Volvo dealership lot (the one across the street). Basically, they have no space, so I wouldn't count on Superchargers being available.

• Informative
Please give them a break. I was by there yesterday, when they were delivering 150 or 160 cars, depending on who you spoke to, and another 200 today. I assume tomorrow will be similar as they close out the quarter. Then they’ll have a chance to catch their breath a bit and straighten things out.

The other side of the lot has customer trade-ins and new cars are there as well - car carriers unload against the side of the building. Anyone pulling in is sent down to the Bed Bath & Beyond lot just past the Superchargers.

I’m sure if someone came in with no alternative but to charge they would make a supercharger or HPWC available.

Reactions: Pollux and robby
Good for Tesla. This does not bother me too much as I charge at home almost 99.99% of the time. If you need a charge badly, do what Peter suggested. I'm sure the SC will make a stall available to you.

My only worry is the long distance trip and the supercharger are like Dedham everywhere due to the high number of Tesla vehicles on the road. only time will tell.

When i was at the Dedham service center on Friday for service, there was an acute shortage of parking spaces. Incoming cars were met by staff people who worked rapidly to get cars checked in and whisked off to the service bay and out of the way of the next incoming car that might need a place to park. Once my car was done, I was asked to move my car ASAP because other people were coming in. I also noticed the new Model 3s parked backwards in the supercharger spaces, presumably because there were simply no other free spaces on the property. It was busier than I have ever seen the lace before.
The atmosphere was electric, to say the least. Tesla people were hustling and there was an enthusiastic excitement in the air, at least in the early morning hours when I was there. I imagine some of the enthusiasm might have worn off once the staff had been working for a few hours at such a frenetic pace.
The delivery bays, nominally designed for, and formerly used for, protected indoor deliveries of two cars at a time, had been converted into a delivery/waiting room, with chairs and desks for customers and staff to process the steady flow of new cars.
One of the Tesla staff people told me that there had been an incredible 28 car carriers unloaded on one day last week!
I am glad for the sales and deliveries, and I hope the quarterly returns are good, but this end-of-quarter rush is insane. I hope the supercharger and service center return to something like normal this week with the start of a fresh calendar quarter.

When i was at the Dedham service center on Friday for service, there was an acute shortage of parking spaces. Incoming cars were met by staff people who worked rapidly to get cars checked in and whisked off to the service bay and out of the way of the next incoming car that might need a place to park. Once my car was done, I was asked to move my car ASAP because other people were coming in. I also noticed the new Model 3s parked backwards in the supercharger spaces, presumably because there were simply no other free spaces on the property. It was busier than I have ever seen the lace before.
The atmosphere was electric, to say the least. Tesla people were hustling and there was an enthusiastic excitement in the air, at least in the early morning hours when I was there. I imagine some of the enthusiasm might have worn off once the staff had been working for a few hours at such a frenetic pace.
The delivery bays, nominally designed for, and formerly used for, protected indoor deliveries of two cars at a time, had been converted into a delivery/waiting room, with chairs and desks for customers and staff to process the steady flow of new cars.
One of the Tesla staff people told me that there had been an incredible 28 car carriers unloaded on one day last week!
I am glad for the sales and deliveries, and I hope the quarterly returns are good, but this end-of-quarter rush is insane. I hope the supercharger and service center return to something like normal this week with the start of a fresh calendar quarter.

I took delivery of my Model 3 at the end of Friday and it looks to me the enthusiasm didn't seem to be worn off. But if that's the end of Q3, imagine how crazy the end of Q4 is going to be.

Stopped by after hours on Oct 1 and it looked like it was getting back to normal. Also, a day or two later, I noticed that it started showing as full service again on the map, which is great since that's a really critical stop for me when visiting family in the area.

Stopped by after hours on Oct 1 and it looked like it was getting back to normal. Also, a day or two later, I noticed that it started showing as full service again on the map, which is great since that's a really critical stop for me when visiting family in the area.

Just don't count on this supercharger (or any other located in a service center) near the end of the year.

Reactions: PeterK
Drove by yesterday, and was surprised to see that the lot across the street in front of the former Volvo store is now empty. It had been full of Teslas, not just at quarter-end, but even for months before that it had been used for storing some cars.

I was trying to schedule an appointment online today, and Dedham doesn't even show up as an option for me. Spend 30 minutes on the phone, got a rep, he tried to schedule me for Watertown for tomorrow. I said I'd rather wait a bit and go to Dedham, so the closest appointment he was able to get me is a week from now. Still not sure why it wasn't showing up online, but it does look like it's still a lot busier then Watertown. I would go to Watertown, it's a lot closer to me, but I've always had terrible luck with loaners at Watertown, and their Enterprise rentals are horrible!

I was trying to schedule an appointment online today, and Dedham doesn't even show up as an option for me. Spend 30 minutes on the phone, got a rep, he tried to schedule me for Watertown for tomorrow. I said I'd rather wait a bit and go to Dedham, so the closest appointment he was able to get me is a week from now. Still not sure why it wasn't showing up online, but it does look like it's still a lot busier then Watertown. I would go to Watertown, it's a lot closer to me, but I've always had terrible luck with loaners at Watertown, and their Enterprise rentals are horrible!
Dedham and Watertown seem to have a policy of not putting their service appointments online, or at least most of them. It's a complete crock IMHO, another example of very poor Tesla customer relations policy.

I like Watertown, but the last time I was there not only did they not have any loaners, Enterprise didn't either (I had made an appointment). I wound up traveling by Uber. It's good we have another car to use.

• Informative
I charged in Dedham on Sunday night and did not get the message that the supercharger is high-usage like it did before. I don't know if Tesla abandoned the high-usage concept entirely or just removed this designation from Dedham since Braintree opened nearby.