Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dedham, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's very encouraging.

But you should have got a shot of those guys just for posterity sake with their looks of confusion. I'll swing by and see if I can get a picture of them in a few days. They're going to start to wonder why all the interest in their near-vacant property (All those guys who keep taking pictures of us are all driving Tesla's... Hmmm....)

From the looks of it, there's no way this service center is going to be open by June. And OMG, I expected so much more out of Cadillac -- this place screams 1950's all over it.

Dedham 01.JPG

Dedham 02.JPG

Dedham 03.JPG

Last edited:
Stopped by just now. Some new developments! Almost all evidence of Lincoln is gone, including the white marquee on the side of the building and the enormous Lincoln tower signage (which was gone as of MassModel3's photos, but didn't realize it until just now).

L4PjB96h.jpg

SdAqp1Uh.jpg

jRD21Nih.jpg

We noticed some brown butcher paper was covering the windows on the corner of the building. We looked inside and saw a little work area setup! Some of the paperwork, possibly building plans had the Tesla logo on it! We were pretty excited.
XbA8U9Lh.jpg

x7TrInEh.jpg

u1V6FHMh.jpg

The service garage is still empty, the white pickup truck from before is gone.
8n8WebEh.jpg

It's within walking distance to what's a pretty great mall, but you've gotta wonder if they'll provide a shuttle or golf-carts to customers to get there.
People don't spend much, if any, time at a Tesla Service Center. If you're using Ranger service, you never see the service center at all; otherwise, you're mostly there long enough to get into a loaner and head off. My guess is that they'll run you over to the Mall and pick you up later using one of the loaners, if that's how you'd prefer to spend the time.

People don't spend much, if any, time at a Tesla Service Center. If you're using Ranger service, you never see the service center at all; otherwise, you're mostly there long enough to get into a loaner and head off. My guess is that they'll run you over to the Mall and pick you up later using one of the loaners, if that's how you'd prefer to spend the time.

Of course there are exceptions to that. My Model S has been to the Watertown service center at least 2 dozen times, I often wait for it, when I go in on a Saturday, or one of my days off. It doesn't help that I have an early VIN, so my car has needed a lot of work. They have also come out to my job, left a loaner and taken the car back to work on it, and once they came out to my house to work on the drivers side window, which would not go up (and it was 20F outside). The Dedham location will be great for me, only 9 miles from where I live, and will be 13 miles when I move soon. That area on RT1 has a lot to do, you could even walk down the access road to COSTCO to kill a few hours, or the Whole Foods, the Showcase cinema for an extended stay etc. There is also an Apple store at Legacy Place as well. As far as 24 hour bathrooms, there is a Holiday Inn at the nearby intersection, of course it's on the other side of RT1 and crossing Route 1 on foot is not easy.

Thanks for posting that. This line I found most interesting: This will be the company's first full service dealership.

It's essentially going to be a showroom, a service center, and a supercharger location. And the first of its kind is here for us? Awesome!!!

just a thought, but I wonder if the lease will be up soon for the Natick Mall gallery? If so, the plan could be to use the Dedham location (which is essentially on the "automile") to supplement, or more likely replace Natick. Malls have a rent agreement which generally includes a percentage of sales/profit, Dedham would not be subject to that style agreement, and would allow them to have the showroom, service center and a SuperCharger site all with 1 rent payment. As a bonus, for deliverying vehicles, what can be better than showing the new owner how to use a SuperCharger in person?

just a thought, but I wonder if the lease will be up soon for the Natick Mall gallery? If so, the plan could be to use the Dedham location (which is essentially on the "automile") to supplement, or more likely replace Natick. Malls have a rent agreement which generally includes a percentage of sales/profit, Dedham would not be subject to that style agreement, and would allow them to have the showroom, service center and a SuperCharger site all with 1 rent payment. As a bonus, for deliverying vehicles, what can be better than showing the new owner how to use a SuperCharger in person?
I doubt that Tesla will leave Natick. Tesla's core retail strategy is visibility in high-end malls rather than "auto mile" locations like Dedham.

Obviously I don't know the deal that Tesla has with the Natick mall, but it almost surely can't have a % of sales clause because the lease was struck before Tesla had a Massachusetts dealers license—sales were prohibited.

I doubt that Tesla will leave Natick. Tesla's core retail strategy is visibility in high-end malls rather than "auto mile" locations like Dedham.

Obviously I don't know the deal that Tesla has with the Natick mall, but it almost surely can't have a % of sales clause because the lease was struck before Tesla had a Massachusetts dealers license—sales were prohibited.

It may have a percentage of sales clause, but for stuff like hats and t shirts, not cars hopefully.

It seems to me that Tesla is quite flexible and is actively trying out a variety of SuperCharger strategies in different places. What people keep ignoring is that the SC network is just being tested out on the Model S, and it's all really about how to make the Model 3 situation work properly. You have to imagine handling a huge increase in traffic to even begin to understand what Tesla is doing.

There's a service center in Rocklin, California where Tesla has put in SuperChargers just a few miles down the road from a shopping center is Roseville, CA. The rumor is that the lease on the Roseville location will be up in a couple of years and that it can't be expanded, so they'll be getting rid of it. Perhaps they'll be making similar adjustments in other places?