Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dedham, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received an email inviting me to the grand opening of "Tesla's sales and service center" on Thursday, July 16.

The bottom of the note says "Due to limited availability, vehicle charging will be offered on a first come, first served basis." I presume this is referring to a HWPC rather than the super chargers.

Agreed that this is unlikely the opening of the SCs. Will try to attend.

Smart move. They were probably trying to get everything done at once but when they saw the electrical service upgrade was becoming the bottleneck they focused on the immediate priorities - sales and especially service. Watertown is overwhelmed, in terms of service capacity and lot space for cars.

Tesla Dedham Grand Opening VIP Reception.jpg

Don't feel bad, in the last two years I've purchased 3 cars from Tesla, 2 model S and 1 roadster. I did not get an invitation either. Oh, well..

Indeed, incredible: Three Teslas and Two Posts. Now THAT. Is conservation of energy. Impressive! Joe feel free to post every $50,000 in Tesla payments or so. My goodness you honestly must have so much Tesla knowledge to share. We would all love to hear your thoughts... On pretty much anything Tesla. Except car fires in Mexico.

Nice to have a SC in the general area for those rare but needy times a day is far more full of driving than anticipated. Eg was called from vacation to work yesterday, a sudden 230 mile day. The SC in Hookset was key, but if I'd had to head to the Cape or anywhere south, a Dedhsm stop would have been perfect.

Apparently not all local Model S owners and future Model X owners were invited. I guess MassModel3 and I don't rate. :mad:

I wonder how they decide who to invite to these things...

Don't feel bad, in the last two years I've purchased 3 cars from Tesla, 2 model S and 1 roadster. I did not get an invitation either. Oh, well..

Just out of curiosity, how close are you guys to the Dedham Center?

I'm sure living less than 5 miles away played a big part in the reason I got an invite. Space will surely be limited and there seems to be a lot of Tesla owners/future owners in Mass.

Side note: I hope a Roadster shows up. I've never seen one I the wild.

Just out of curiosity, how close are you guys to the Dedham Center?

I'm sure living less than 5 miles away played a big part in the reason I got an invite. Space will surely be limited and there seems to be a lot of Tesla owners/future owners in Mass.

Side note: I hope a Roadster shows up. I've never seen one I the wild.
I thought proximity might be an issue. I'm 25-30 miles away in the Marlborough area.

I live 25 miles away and got an invite so it doesn't seem proximity is the filter. Could be how long you've been a customer (since 2012 here) or simply random.

If anyone really wants to go, I would guess the Watertown service folks could arrange it. Or just wear a Tesla baseball cap and crash it. :)

I live in Marshfield 31 miles away. Turns out I did get the invite. It came to an email account shared with my wife, which is the one Tesla has on file (duh!). I just thought to check it now.

There is a link to "Share this event with your friends" that takes me to this link: http://my.teslamotors.com/event/tesla-dedham-grand-opening-vip-reception[FONT=&amp]

So here you go, everybody! Enjoy!

I'll be the guy driving the Tesla and wearing a Tesla hat.
[/FONT]
:biggrin:

I live 25 miles away and got an invite so it doesn't seem proximity is the filter. Could be how long you've been a customer (since 2012 here) or simply random.

If anyone really wants to go, I would guess the Watertown service folks could arrange it. Or just wear a Tesla baseball cap and crash it. :)

And I've only been a customer since December 2014 so it's either random, or there's some glitch on Tesla's end or customer's end (e.g. Going to spam, not going to the email account you typically use)

Regardless, I get the feeling they won't be checking names at the door against a guestlist, and the RSVP's are mainly for planning purposes. I had the option of bringing as many as 5 guest.

So if any want to go, I'd advise just clicking the link above rather than just crashing so they get a better idea on how many to expect.

stopped by quickly, prefab transformer concrete pad is installed, several holes (4) dug for what looks to be S.C pedestals, most backfilling completed. Looks to be 4 S.C pedestals, pull in forward, from the looks of their placement. We'll have to wait this out, and see what develops.. more progress should be evident at the opening on Thursday (I did sign myself up)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited: