Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dedham, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for all of the info and the pictures! The place looks great. It's good to see the supercharger progress but I'm guessing they're well over a week away from being usable from what I see here. Did anybody notice how many HPWC chargers are available?

There are 2, in the "delivery bays" (which are inside, each has an overhead door to the parking lot though). The site has limited power, until the new electrical service is completed, would be my guess. They didn't put 14-50's or HPWC's by the lifts, just noticed 120V outlets. I'm guessing they have more electrical work to do..

I could be remembering wrong, but I"m pretty sure one of the employees told us there are two superchargers in the service bay with extra long 35 foot cables so they can speed-charge in there if they wanted/needed to.

They also said that there were 2,000 invitations sent out for the event and they only expected about 80 people to show up. Boy was that wrong! The lot was so packed that they started valet parking customer Model S's in the maintenance bay.

Visited the site today. Concrete set, blacktop laid in. Progress even just since Thursday. They expect it to be up in a couple of weeks.

Dedham20150718_r.jpg

It has not. You can barely tell in the photo.
Isn't the transformer usually the last thing installed? If it's already been mounted, it could realistically be up in a week.

look through the third SuperCharger frame from the left, you'll see a large dark green object behind it in the distance. I believe that is the transformer. This site is different, the transformer will also power the service center, not just the SuperCharger

Perhaps they are waiting for an inspection of the S.C. piping before the pour.. I expect they'll have the new electrical service running before the SuperCharger.

Thanks for all of the info and the pictures! The place looks great. It's good to see the supercharger progress but I'm guessing they're well over a week away from being usable from what I see here. Did anybody notice how many HPWC chargers are available?

There are 8 supercharger stalls. They said they won't be the liquid cooled cables though.

HPWCs I don't think any outside just 2 in the delivery area (and 2 NEMA 14-50s that I saw).

I was there on Saturday. The Superchargers are oh-so-close; a crew was installing the enclosure, but the Tesla folks said they still need a transformer so that needs to happen before they go live. They're still using a generator to power the shop. There's another coat of concrete over the pedestal bases so it looks like that's in good shape. The showroom and service center look great.

Side note - in the process I discovered the old part of Dedham which is just delightful and well worth the visit.