Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Deep River, ON

Do you think Deep River’s Canadian Tire is installing a Supercharger?

• Yes

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • No, nothing to do with charging

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No, installing another type of charger

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meh.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, we need to get this prospective location sorted out. The map link first came up with the Deep River TIm Horton's location and is now showing a "downtown" Deep River location. The prospective location photos were taken at Canadian Tire 33277 Highway 17, Deep River ON. No I didn't take them but I know that area very very well having made over 100 Ottawa-Sudbury round trips in my life. Can we get this map location set to show the that? As mentioned in my last post I'll be making another round trip to Sudbury over the Canada Day weekend and will stop by the site and report back upon my return.
Thanks and Cheers
Carl

Reactions: Anto
Ok, we need to get this prospective location sorted out. The map link first came up with the Deep River TIm Horton's location and is now showing a "downtown" Deep River location. The prospective location photos were taken at Canadian Tire 33277 Highway 17, Deep River ON. No I didn't take them but I know that area very very well having made over 100 Ottawa-Sudbury round trips in my life. Can we get this map location set to show the that? As mentioned in my last post I'll be making another round trip to Sudbury over the Canada Day weekend and will stop by the site and report back upon my return.
Thanks and Cheers
Carl
Be sure to take pictures!

Definitely 6 stalls, photos as of yesterday.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg IMG_20190628_184615.jpg IMG_20190628_184612.jpg

Ok, so Mike beat me to the punch with his photos from Friday which he posted on Saturday. I wonder by how much we missed each other on Friday as I went through Deep River at about 18:30 hrs. Anyway to add to his photos here are a set of mine and as Mike says it is definitively a 6 stall installation. All the conduit and concrete work appears to be complete in Deep River, including connector pedestal pads, charger pads and what appears to be an underground vault for the main transformer. Additionally I've included some high angle shots from over the fence showing the overall arrangement of the concrete footings so perhaps Earl or anyone else familiar with the SC V3 format can offer commentary if this meets that format. I stopped by this afternoon on my way home and there have been no changes since Friday. Clearly this job site is now awaiting delivery of electrical components. My brother is coming down from Sudbury later in July so if he comes during daylight I'll get him to stop by and get a few more photos and upload them. If not I may take an "intelligence run" up to the site myself at month's end to exercise another of the old ICE cars that doesn't get out of the garage anywhere near often enough.
Thanks and Cheers
Carl

Attachments

• Deep River SC 1a.jpg
    Deep River SC 1a.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Deep River SC 2a.jpg
    Deep River SC 2a.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Deep River SC 3a.jpg
    Deep River SC 3a.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Deep River SC 4a.jpg
    Deep River SC 4a.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Deep River SC 5a.jpg
    Deep River SC 5a.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Deep River SC 6a.jpg
    Deep River SC 6a.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Deep River SC 7a.jpg
    Deep River SC 7a.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Deep River SC 8a.jpg
    Deep River SC 8a.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 141
Just out of curiosity, what makes you say it's not V2? Looking forward to V3 if it is!!! :)

The cement bases that they’ve poured and the conduits they’ve run are not in the correct configuration for V2.

For six chargers, V2 would have three charging cabinets. There aren’t three similar concrete forms at this site, just a large pair, a small pair and an oddball.

• Informative
Reactions: Anto
The cement bases that they’ve poured and the conduits they’ve run are not in the correct configuration for V2.

For six chargers, V2 would have three charging cabinets. There aren’t three similar concrete forms at this site, just a large pair, a small pair and an oddball.

Earl,

Perhaps that bodes well for North Bay being a SC V3 location as well, perhaps. While the North Bay pads were not completed the conduit was grouped in a manner very reminiscent of this layout... Just a bit more elongated arrangement because of the geometry of the North Bay site.
Thanks and Cheers
Carl

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
Folks,

any update to this?
Yes. There's tons of new information that is known. Gobs and gobs of it. Enough to fill 3 pages of posts. But we've all talked it over and agreed not to share it with you. We're all going to be keeping it to ourselves from now on. So, sorry, but I won't be the one to spill the beans. /s :)

We're not information hoarders. If someone following the thread had new information I'm sure they would post it. No posts ==> nothing new.

Yes. There's tons of new information that is known. Gobs and gobs of it. Enough to fill 3 pages of posts. But we've all talked it over and agreed not to share it with you. We're all going to be keeping it to ourselves from now on. So, sorry, but I won't be the one to spill the beans. /s :)

We're not information hoarders. If someone following the thread had new information I'm sure they would post it. No posts ==> nothing new.

Now, now, don't be snooty to new-comers.

Folks,

any update to this?

Apparently no progress at all. My brother came down from Sudbury this weekend and stopped to check for me. He said he didn't even see the site - he's not a Tesla owner so not the most fastidious for detail collection. But clearly there was nothing higher than ground level or any equipment crates on site to catch his attention so....
I was thinking of taking a ride to Deep River next weekend to check it out but based on his comments it would probably be a waste of time... I'll report if I do go.

Thanks and Cheers
Carl