Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Deep River, ON

Do you think Deep River’s Canadian Tire is installing a Supercharger?

• Yes

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • No, nothing to do with charging

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No, installing another type of charger

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meh.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pics of the Deep River SC from Monday. Basically, still just waiting for the pedestals from Tesla.

Oh, and for the record, the residential listing on Plugshare for a NEMA 14-50 hosted by "Nathan" at his house in DR is no longer valid; Nathan no longer lives there and the people who do don't know anything about allowing people to use the 14-50 (don't ask).

Attachments

• deep river SC 1.jpg
    deep river SC 1.jpg
    761.6 KB · Views: 213
  • deep river SC 2.jpg
    deep river SC 2.jpg
    760.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Pics of the Deep River SC from Monday. Basically, still just waiting for the pedestals from Tesla.

Oh, and for the record, the residential listing on Plugshare for a NEMA 14-50 hosted by "Nathan" at his house in DR is no longer valid; Nathan no longer lives there and the people who do don't know anything about allowing people to use the 14-50 (don't ask).

It would be helpful to report the inaccuracy to Plugshare so they can remove the listing. Or reach out to Nathan via a Plugshare message and ask him to delete the listing.

That is a nice sentiment but alas no, the main transformer is still not on site based on these photos. It would be located to the right of the Tesla equipment on the last concrete pad, a corner of which is just visible behind the Honda in the second photo. I was hoping that with the recent progress in North Bay the Deep River site would progress more quickly since it is necessary to support Ottawa to Sudbury travel. Seems it will be a bit longer yet. :(:(:(

Well a non-report to file. My brother visited this weekend and on his way back to Sudbury he stopped at the Deep River SuperCharger site and sent back a couple of photos. No need to post them as there have been no changes since @glenhurst posted his photos on Wednesday. Still no main transformer and no connector pedestals so wait on we must. Bummer :(:(:(

• Informative
Reactions: emupilot
Install is almost complete,
Sorry about the plug share misrepresentation. I did not think to remove it when I had to move, and I do not use the app. I can only imagine that was awkward for those that stopped. Apologies again.
Hehey! The stalls are in! I don’t know about the transfrmer yet (that pad on the right seems to be empty), but with almost all the T-CAN sites getting stalls, the activation sweep should be coming real soon.

I was at the Deep-River Supercherger today and the Hydro-One transformer is now installed.
I spoked to the employees who where there and they told me that the installation was almost finished.
They also told me that Tesla is supposed to come in the next 2 weeks to approve the installation. (Will see)
They also confirm that is a V3 Supercharger and North Bay too.

Attachments

• deep_river_28_10_2019.jpg
    deep_river_28_10_2019.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 170
I was at the Deep-River Supercherger today and the Hydro-One transformer is now installed.
I spoked to the employees who where there and they told me that the installation was almost finished.
They also told me that Tesla is supposed to come in the next 2 weeks to approve the installation. (Will see)
They also confirm that is a V3 Supercharger and North Bay too.

Oh this is seriously good news!! So now the ball is back in Tesla's court, so to speak, and they "should" be reasonably quick compared to Hydro One. I've been waiting of this and the North Bay SuperCharger for over 3 years. Longer actually if you count the 2 years before getting my Tesla when I recommended these as sites to Tesla. Ottawa to Sudbury via Toronto really sucks so I only made the trip once in my Tesla, otherwise I continued to use the ICE cars. Finally that is on the verge of being in the past!

Oh this is seriously good news!! So now the ball is back in Tesla's court, so to speak, and they "should" be reasonably quick compared to Hydro One. I've been waiting of this and the North Bay SuperCharger for over 3 years. Longer actually if you count the 2 years before getting my Tesla when I recommended these as sites to Tesla. Ottawa to Sudbury via Toronto really sucks so I only made the trip once in my Tesla, otherwise I continued to use the ICE cars. Finally that is on the verge of being in the past!
I have many trips I would like to do to Ottawa from North Bay and having Deep River built will help that :)