Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Deep River, ON

Do you think Deep River’s Canadian Tire is installing a Supercharger?

• Yes

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • No, nothing to do with charging

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No, installing another type of charger

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meh.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I passed through Deep river on my way back to Ottawa ( around 3pm yesterday) and the lights on 3 of the stalls were one. It's possible when i drove by on Friday they were also lit up but i only uncovered one of the stalls since they were all covered with snow. the ones that were lit up on Sunday were not one of the ones i cleaned off on Friday so its possible it has been in this state for a few days.
So it looks like they are testing this one out the same way they did the others. Hopefully we see it pop up in the Telsa map before my next road trip. I am very much looking forward to road tripping in my M3

Hi, yeah I got 50kW (50% SOC LR RWD) out of it even though it didnt show up on my map.

20191223_110043.jpg

As I sit in my Model S awaiting a car wash I am checking the recent TCH superchargers and Deep River doesn't show on the in car navigation so this post is a pleasant surprise. 50 kW isn't much power for your SOC but it is promising. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few days. Given the on again-off again issues we had with North Bay I think prudence is due until we have several reports and a higher charge rate. But certainly a good up tick.

Reactions: PLUS EV
I suspect Tesla enabled partial functionality for the Christmas season so people can maximize chances of getting home. Either way, getting 50kW is awesome, it's still practical for same day travel, just have to wait another 20-30 minutes if you needed a good charge from it.

Just drove ottawa to sault ste Marie and tried every new charger along the route for all you lovely people. The deep river 10% charge actually let me get to north bay with only 10% left so it was a happy surprise for me. Originally projected 10-15% at north bay without deep river.

Not sure if it makes a difference but the Tesla SC map on their website shows Deep River as open. I guess the next step is seeing it in the in car map?

IMO, this makes a huge difference. I just checked the supercharger map and can confirm that Deep River does show as open. This opens the Ottawa to North Bay for me and now I might just have to do a quick trip to visit family just because I can :cool:

upload_2019-12-24_9-5-41.png

It shows up on mine now after getting 40.50.1. Which is great because ottawa to north bay was at the edge of my winter range in my LR RWD Aero model 3. Thankfully when I checked the stalls I was able to add 10% while using the bathroom or it would have been a single digit arrival.

Reactions: Hugh Mannity
I was driving by the DR supercharger today. If anyone is curious, the DR supercharger is still half lit. Couldn't confirm charge speed since I was in my ICE but it appears to match the state shown in my Tesla map.

Since this is a V3 SC and apparently one charger supplies 3 connector pedestals only three being illuminated would seem to indicate only one of the chargers is activated. Have to wonder why?

Hoping to do Ottawa to North Bay tomorrow ahead of the snow storm. My car is showing Deep River as either 'reduced' or 'not available' right now. Can somebody confirm if the 3 stalls are still working? Not sure I can do the trip without a Deep River charge, and I don't have a CHAdeMo adapter... thanks.

We also charged at Deep River and North Bay yesterday... In car nav said they were both temporarily closed but the app showed them as available. Weren't 100% sure until we actually got there and started charging... 60kw at DR and 100 at NB. In Huntsville now at deerhurst using destination charger (after we dug it out of the snow and blew the ice out of the connector. Stopping at couples resort in Whitney tomorrow for destination charger on way back way to Ottawa. Model X LR.