Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Deep River, ON

Do you think Deep River’s Canadian Tire is installing a Supercharger?

• Yes

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • No, nothing to do with charging

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No, installing another type of charger

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meh.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two of us charging in Deep River right now. 57 kW max. Curious which app above poster was using that showed it open?
Two of us charging in Deep River right now. 57 kW max. Curious which app above poster was using that showed it open?
Hey we went to the Tesla app "charging" and it showed DR 3/6 available and NB said 6/6 available... My wife just said that even on the app the supercharger symbol did have a line through it for both though... The Huntsville supercharger did not have that line through it. These are our first charges away from home... So we're still figuring it all out. :)

Hey we went to the Tesla app "charging" and it showed DR 3/6 available and NB said 6/6 available... My wife just said that even on the app the supercharger symbol did have a line through it for both though... The Huntsville supercharger did not have that line through it. These are our first charges away from home... So we're still figuring it all out. :)
Well - since you are just figuring it out - I can tell you that USUALLY all is good - they just work. I suspect North Bay and Deep River are going through teething pains (just installed and some of the first 250 kW chargers?). Although I noticed Kingston is out too - but I think somebody posted something that looked like they had been wacked by snowplows.

I suspect Tesla enabled partial functionality for the Christmas season so people can maximize chances of getting home. Either way, getting 50kW is awesome, it's still practical for same day travel, just have to wait another 20-30 minutes if you needed a good charge from it.

Just drove ottawa to sault ste Marie and tried every new charger along the route for all you lovely people. The deep river 10% charge actually let me get to north bay with only 10% left so it was a happy surprise for me. Originally projected 10-15% at north bay without deep river.

Your 10% top up at Deep River can you tell us what was the SoC in % when you left Deep River to end up with 10% when you got to North Bay? Percentage total, exterior temp?

Your 10% top up at Deep River can you tell us what was the SoC in % when you left Deep River to end up with 10% when you got to North Bay? Percentage total, exterior temp?

Similar experience here too.

I was only getting 46kW both ways to and from North Bay, and also in North Bay.

From Ottawa to Deep River
189.46 km Driven
Avg Speed 95 KPH
228 Wh/km
62% SoC Used
64.2% Efficiency
Outside -6.8 C
Inside 21 C

Deep River SC
39 Minutes charge time
Start - 24 %
End - 86 %
66.5kW Average

From Deep River to Mattawa
104.79 km Driven
Avg Speed 97 KPH
34% SoC Used
63.8% Efficiency
229 Wh/km
Outside -9.5 C
Inside 21 C

Did 3 back to back cold starts and stops in Mattawa, then headed to North Bay

Mattawa to North Bay
65.28 km Driven
Avg Speed 82 KPH
257 Wh/km
25% SoC used
57% Efficiency
Outside -15.9 C
Inside 19.2 C

North Bay SC
1 Hours 18 Minutes
Start - 17 %
End - 100 %
117.63 kW Average

Cold start brought it down to 88% by the time I left in the morning in -22 C overnight

North Bay to Mattawa
65.32 km Driven
Avg Speed 87 KPH
229 Wh/km
21% SoC Used
63.9% Efficiency
Outside -20.4 C
Inside 18.6 C

Did a few more stops in Mattawa, and cold starts, than returned to Deep River on way home

Mattawa to Deep River
102.92 km Driven
Avg Speed 99 KPH
210 Wh/km
32% SoC Used
69.7% Efficiency
Outside -13.7 C
Inside 16 C

Deep River SC
44 Minutes
Start - 34 %
End - 77 %
39.3kW Average (Max I saw was 44kW)

Deep River to Ottawa
198.97 km Driven
Avg Speed 94 KPH
65% SoC Used
63.1% Efficiency
Outside -13.9 C
Inside 18 C

These stats were auto-colleted by TeslaFi, sign up here: Sign Up

North Bay SC
1 Hours 18 Minutes
Start - 17 %
End - 100 %
117.63 kW Average

Your TeslaFi data shows that you actually did very well at North Bay, averaging 117.63 kW from 17% all the way up to 100%. I expect you were close to max charge rate during that session.

These stats were auto-colleted by TeslaFi, sign up here: Sign Up

100% SOC at North Bay on return to Ottawa and arriving at 24% and charge to 86% at Deep River on the way up certainly does not say similar experience as a bathroom break and 10 minute (10%) top up in Deep River and then you headed west into moose country to find yourself with 10% when you got to North Bay. Makes the KenziEE post look like it was not close to reality.

229 Wh/km @ -20C, road condition (dry)? Head wind? Appears that the Deep River - Rideau Centre (195 KM) is now our weak link. -20C, snow and a head wind we would assume consumption will go up.

Thanks new to this and will check out TeslaFi; is it a free service?

100% SOC at North Bay on return to Ottawa and arriving at 24% and charge to 86% at Deep River on the way up certainly does not say similar experience as a bathroom break and 10 minute (10%) top up in Deep River and then you headed west into moose country to find yourself with 10% when you got to North Bay. Makes the KenziEE post look like it was not close to reality.

229 Wh/km @ -20C, road condition (dry)? Head wind? Appears that the Deep River - Rideau Centre (195 KM) is now our weak link. -20C, snow and a head wind we would assume consumption will go up.

Thanks new to this and will check out TeslaFi; is it a free service?

I charged to 100% on Fri night, but by Sat morning, starting from -22C and pre-heating for 10 min, + the phantom drain overnight and the 2% I lost before remembering to turn off sentry mode, I started my trip at 84%.

I tried to kill 30 min by going back to the SC for a quick top-up, but since it was so cold out, and the battery had been sitting overnight at -22, I was getting <1kW rates. So in the 30 min I killed, I only went up approx 4%, starting my trip around 88%, but really it was 87% because it dropped the moment I unplugged.

Reactions: Shayne
I just checked with my MS and it shows the Supercharger is off-line; however, I just had my son check at the sight. He lives beside the site and had said that the Tesla stall lights are all ON (as at 2020-03-27 1:27PM). There were no cars charging, so he could not confirm that they are pumping electricity.

Reactions: Shayne
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I was planning a trip and was hoping to use the Deep River SC. But both the Tesla website and ABRP show "reduced service" at this location. I can't risk my trip without being able to use this SC. Does anyone know what's going on? Any way to find out? Or will I have to ICE it? Thanks!

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I was planning a trip and was hoping to use the Deep River SC. But both the Tesla website and ABRP show "reduced service" at this location. I can't risk my trip without being able to use this SC. Does anyone know what's going on? Any way to find out? Or will I have to ICE it? Thanks!
No idea. Theres a chademo station at Petewana.

And a really nice brewery in Cobden, ON: White Water.

Someone managed to successfully use it two days ago June 28.

Reduced Service usually means either some stalls aren't working or the output is diminished. It might take a little while longer, but as long as there isn't a lineup of Teslas wanting to charge there (highly unlikely in DR), it shouldn't be a big problem.

Plugshare is a good place to look for comments from owners, but there's nothing there yet. Maybe someone will provide more details there in the coming days.