Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Deep River, ON

Do you think Deep River’s Canadian Tire is installing a Supercharger?

• Yes

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • No, nothing to do with charging

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No, installing another type of charger

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meh.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

This past Sunday, user @mikec8 spotted a fenced off area at the Canadian Tire in Deep River and figured that it might be a Supercharger installation.

This has a 90% of being a Supercharger IMO. A permit was pulled for Deep River and the work was slated to start this month, although the location wasn’t disclosed. Permits were also pulled (in connection with Deep River) for Superchargers in North Bay, Moose Jaw and several other towns west of Sudbury. Again, no locations were given. If this Supercharger is following the pattern the others are taking, I can’t see why this trench isn’t a Supercharger. Even though they did a contract with the province of Ontario to install DCFCs around the province, there is already one installed there by KSI, so I wouldn’t understand the point of two fast chargers, and necessarily at THE EXACT SAME PLACE! (If you want further info, please DM me)

99FB082A-B8B2-48FD-B8E8-1232594C0609.png

The suggested location is at a Canadian Tire. The other Superchargers that are located at CT are North Bay, and... that’s it! Maybe we could also count in Kincardine, except that no actual permit or construction has been found yet. Back to topic, I think we will see Canadian Tire a new Supercharger partner.

I think we are good for a pin here, but are there any objections?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful
Reactions: apple0315
Last edited:
I have complained so in the past, and I understand what you’re trying to get at, but I’m not wondering if there is a Supercharger here, I’m trying to solidify my point even though I may not have done it in the best possible manner.

I stated : the Supercharger works in Deep River were slated to start at around the same time as the Superchargers in Moose Jaw and North Bay, which FYI, have already started. So why wouldn’t the work have started in Deep River?

I wasn't there myself - family was driving through and I asked them to snap some pics - but it looks like at least 6 from the photos.

Between this and North Bay I feel confident enough to order my 3 for early next year!

This is seriously good news if true!! Once North Bay and Deep River are built Ottawa to Sudbury becomes an easy Tesla road trip. I have always said Canadian Tire is the best and perhaps even the only truly viable location for a SC on Hwy 17 in Deep River and indeed identified it as a good location to Tesla.years ago. I'll be making a round trip to Sudbury over the Canada Day Weekend (unfortunately by ICE) and will stop by. Almost two weeks should be enough time for sufficient construction progress to tell if it is a SC with a decent degree of certainty. I'll post back with photos upon my return, probably 3 Jul 19. Hopefully this will be my last trip to Sudbury which requires that an ICE be used.
Thanks and Cheers
Carl

@Chuq

The entry on supercharge.info was a bit sloppy. Says 6kW and the gmap link takes us to some place called "Spanish, Ontario" which is an entirely different part of the province.

Thanks, I fixed up a few other issues. "web page" link referred to a non-existent Tesla page too.

Going to the wrong spot though - that's a supercharge.info bug. Sometimes it goes to the last place you were looking at. It works the second time you try it though.

Thanks, I fixed up a few other issues. "web page" link referred to a non-existent Tesla page too.

Going to the wrong spot though - that's a supercharge.info bug. Sometimes it goes to the last place you were looking at. It works the second time you try it though.
Hmmm... I don't think I ever looked at that part of the map and haven't had this issue with other locations, although admittedly I don't click on those gmap links often. I just now shut my supercharge.info window and loaded a new one and the same thing was happening. It looks more like someone entered the address wrong to me.

This past Sunday, user @mikec8 spotted a fenced off area at the Canadian Tire in Deep River and figured that it might be a Supercharger installation.

This has a 90% of being a Supercharger IMO. A permit was pulled for Deep River and the work was slated to start this month, although the location wasn’t disclosed. Permits were also pulled (in connection with Deep River) for Superchargers in North Bay, Moose Jaw and several other towns west of Sudbury. Again, no locations were given. If this Supercharger is following the pattern the others are taking, I can’t see why this trench isn’t a Supercharger. Even though they did a contract with the province of Ontario to install DCFCs around the province, there is already one installed there by KSI, so I wouldn’t understand the point of two fast chargers, and necessarily at THE EXACT SAME PLACE! (If you want further info, please DM me)

View attachment 419554

The suggested location is at a Canadian Tire. The other Superchargers that are located at CT are North Bay, and... that’s it! Maybe we could also count in Kincardine, except that no actual permit or construction has been found yet. Back to topic, I think we will see Canadian Tire a new Supercharger partner.

I think we are good for a pin here, but are there any objections?

The KSI charger at Tim Horton's in Deep River is like many KSI chargers around Ontario, overpriced, unreliable and de-rated to 25 KW so it's not much faster than my home L2 at 20 KW (my Model S has the dual chargers so I put in a 100 Amp circuit for 80 amps at the car connector). And the Tim Horton's parking lot is always busy so ICEing is a problem and almost certainly will continue to be. It is good as an emergency charge location right now but really can't serve as an effective charging location for Tesla's on road trips. The Canadian Tire is about 300m west of the Tim Horton's so there is certainly good reason for the SC there.
Thanks and Cheers
Carl

No, @PLUS EV is right. When looking for the address of the place, I kept getting 147 Hwy 17 W instead of 33277 Hwy 17, the first address is in Spanish, ON and the latter being the right one.

And also, I did mess up on the output. I thought I was referring to the no. of stalls (small confusion). Thanks for fixing it Chuq!