Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Deltona, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is under construction in Deltona Florida at the Wawa at 3400 Howland Blvd. Obtained the info via @FSUMatt on the Supercharge Info forum. 8 stalls, likely V3. Will add on Supercharge Info
4F7D7E13-FC7A-45D0-8E86-A0CCFB6507AD.jpeg

Deltona, FL

Along Primary Interstates: I-4
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-17, US-92
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-4

To: End (Daytona Beach, FL) - 18.4 miles
Diversion: 1.1 miles

Even more density along I-4.
Maybe Tesla's going to make the Interstate Superchargers high density, working through the Interstates numerically.

Unexpectedly ran into this the other night when i was making a quick stop. Happy to actually see the construction! Can’t wait to see this finished since i’m slow charging at home right now at a rental.

Any idea how long this usually takes to complete? A few of the construction times on supercharger.info show a couple months...?

After you see the construction begin it usually takes a few months. In the picture I only see the stalls. The cabinets (the larger boxes) need to be installed, inspected, and then connected to the power company. There may also be a slight delay between the time you see the red Tesla sign lit up and you see it show up on your in-car nav.

Reactions: tylerthehuman
I just stopped by to take a look and the meter is in though the pedestals are still covered. It’s definitely V3, which will be welcomed for the area. If only Altamonte could be upgraded to V3 too.

With any luck, maybe it’ll get brought online in the next week or so?

Reactions: shonoff76
Had a chance to stop by just now and nothing has changed, but I did a little digging and it appears all of the inspections have been completed so it could be anytime?

Have any new US superchargers gone live over the 2 weeks? Maybe supercharger techs aren’t considered essential?

Yes , it's very small , about ten miles, that was insane place to put it. My home one is St Augustine mall. I reckon they calculated Miles to next one south, put it in the middle. But if u r in Daytons for races, you don't want to take 20 minutes there, 20 minutes back to charge, that makes a 2 hour trip to charge.
The spacing in north Florida is crazy. One on east side n Town Ctr, Jacksonville. Ten miles down 95 on 210 exit. Then the St Augustine one 20 miles. The all the way to Port Orange. Now 5 in Orlando.
Here's funny one. No, zero supercharger in or near Charleston South Carolina. I tried it one trip, never again. I take my guzzler now. Just weird, big tourist location.

We’re online!!

All of the pedestals are uncovered except one. It’s v3, though output may be limited for the time being. I arrived with ~30% this morning and topped out at ~100kW before it started ramping down to ~75kW at 50% SOC.

On Wednesday I happened to be in Clearwater and stopped by their v3 supercharger for the whole 250kW experience. I plugged in there with ~2% and by the time I hit 50% I was still pulling 122kW, so it makes sense that Deltona must be limited for the time being.

Happy supercharging everybody!

It’s funny, this location is 5 minutes from my house and I had absolutely no idea it was even being built. I discovered it when I was driving home the other night and I did a double take when I saw a red supercharger indication on the map right by my house.

Reactions: Drax