Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Deming, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
avesraggiana:::

No headwind to my knowledge yesterday. I think I may have had a little tailwind. .... and yeah, I cut it close. You will too once years of experience kicks in. I often arrive with less that 3 miles remaining when traveling. I want the quick supercharge, and on my way. It shaves hours off a long journey. Long stops are for eating when the gap is 200 to 220 between superchargers. The big time travelers have it down to a science. Practice around town, arrive back at home with just a few miles. Knowing your travel route helps a lot, along with reading these forums until you are blind!!!!! :)

Put this in the Tucson thread but it might be useful here, too:

Tucson to Deming profile.png

dpgcolorado- thanks- that is helpful- we'll be starting out soon- car is loaded, and we're waiting for the winds to die down as predicted. We will probably drive a little slower than the speed limit the first 100 miles. once we know we have enough range to make it we'll speed up. Looking like a good drive day so far.

Reactions: teddytoons
No winds today- made it from Tucson to Deming using 208 Range miles- had plenty of reserve after fully charging at Tucson Supercharger ( 258 miles is 100% these days on my car) Took it easy the first 100 miles due to the clime out of Tucson. Drove most of that at 60MPH and stopped to check out Willcox superhcharger progress (not commissioned yet but finished) That elevation chart above was helpful so that I knew to slow down the first part. Once Willcox is up this trip will be a piece of cake full speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: teddytoons
🧐very bad form to remove a charging cable and wrap it over the top of the pedestal indicating that the charging stall is not operational……. WHEN IT IS OPERATIONAL!! …. and you know the stall is operational! Unwrap it and holster the charging cable! No excuses! None!

🧐very bad form to remove a charging cable and wrap it over the top of the pedestal indicating that the charging stall is not operational……. WHEN IT IS OPERATIONAL!! …. and you know the stall is operational! Unwrap it and holster the charging cable! No excuses! None!
I think it's unlikely that the sort of person who would do that sort of thing is frequenting these boards. But sure, holster your weapons everyone!

I think it's unlikely that the sort of person who would do that sort of thing is frequenting these boards. But sure, holster your weapons everyone!

I would have looked suspiciously at the car in the paired stall!!

We were there yesterday and the car nav said (I think these are the right numbers ) 2A and 4 A were down. There was a note on stall that said there was a bent pin in the connector

This station got quite the workout during the eclipse traffic rush last week I was just glad we had no issues charging there mid day Sunday 4/14/24