Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Denver, CO (Civic Center Park)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
I've seen lots of discussion about existing and coming soon Superchargers in the Colorado area but I saw no mention of this one that appears to be coming this year sometime. I thought I'd start a thread to discuss it's progress and see if anyone has any more updates or info. Feel free to add whatever details or progress pics you have as they become available.

Attachments

• Denver SC.jpg
    Denver SC.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 136
It's been said many times already in other threads (Wheat Ridge Supercharger location) but I'll mention it again here. The pin on the map is NOT where the Supercharger will be located. The pin is just centered above the city or neighborhood name. Zooming in to find the location is not of any value. I'm 99.9999% sure the Supercharger will not be located in Civic Center Park.

upload_2019-2-20_11-18-26.png

upload_2019-2-20_11-22-10.png

Last edited:
It's been said many times already in other threads (Wheat Ridge Supercharger location) but I'll mention it again here. The pin on the map is NOT where the Supercharger will be located. The pin is just centered above the city or neighborhood name. Zooming in to find the location is not of any value. I'm 99.9999% sure the Supercharger will not be located in Civic Center Park.

View attachment 379105

View attachment 379109
Oh, so you think that the one in Wheatridge will be this one? I'm confused though because the Tesla map shows both at the same time. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying? Or are you saying this will still be another one other than that one but it just won't be at this exact location this map shows?

Two SCs.jpg

Oh, so you think that the one in Wheatridge will be this one? I'm confused though because the Tesla map shows both at the same time. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying? Or are you saying this will still be another one other than that one but it just won't be at this exact location this map shows?

View attachment 379111
I'm saying that you can NOT look at where the pin is. Do you see on the Denver one how the pin is above the word Denver? On the Wheat Ridge map, it's centered above the words "Wheat Ridge". Zooming in does NOT show the actual location. Currently, they are planning on building the Wheat Ridge location in Applewood Village. Denver and Wheat Ridge are two different cities. There will be two different Superchargers. They also have plans for one in Cherry Creek and the Denver Tech Center.

For new/unbuilt Supercharger locations, you can only know it will be in that city, not at that actual spot on the map.

I'm saying that you can NOT look at where the pin is. Do you see on the Denver one how the pin is above the word Denver? On the Wheat Ridge map, it's centered above the words "Wheat Ridge". Zooming in does NOT show the actual location. Currently, they are planning on building the Wheat Ridge location in Applewood Village. Denver and Wheat Ridge are two different cities. There will be two different Superchargers. They also have plans for one in Cherry Creek and the Denver Tech Center.

For new/unbuilt Supercharger locations, you can only know it will be in that city, not at that actual spot on the map.
So you are saying that this will be a new one that it just won't be exactly at that location. Got it. I do know that Denver and Wheat Ridge are two different cities (spent too much time in both) I just wasn't sure I was reading what you were saying properly and didn't want to misinform people. The way I read your post made it sound like you might be saying that the two Superchargers might be one single location that was going to be in Wheat Ridge. That makes sense because I was looking around that vicinity trying to see where they would even put it and didn't see an a lot of good options.

I did see those others as well but I'm more interested in the LoDo area and then North as that's usually where we end up. It would be real nice for people like us who live up North if they put one on the Northern edge of Denver for those who travel back and forth. We're not quite as for North as the one at near the Loveland exit and sometimes it can be a bit stressful if we'll even make it that far depending on temps and what not. Hopefully something off of I25 at near the 136th/144th/E470 exits is in the works. I know I'm getting ahead of myself but thought I'd post my desire to have something in that area publicly just in case Elon is reading. ROFL

...oh yeah, and Scottsbluff or Gering Nebraska too Elon! lulz

Reactions: Nrazar
So.... we established that we dont know where this is going to go. But, do we have any idea when?

Im living downtown at a building that only offers a 110v plug in and am regularly driving to park meadows or gateway park to charge. Any of these "comming soon" SCs would be a boon for me. These two SCs are getting really busy.

So.... we established that we dont know where this is going to go. But, do we have any idea when?

Im living downtown at a building that only offers a 110v plug in and am regularly driving to park meadows or gateway park to charge. Any of these "comming soon" SCs would be a boon for me. These two SCs are getting really busy.

Sorry having issues figureing out how to edit a post and have now idea how the word new became a red box. Obviously meant new denver SC.

Sorry having issues figureing out how to edit a post and have now idea how the word new became a red box. Obviously meant new denver SC.
Some site features, like the ability to edit a post, are only added once your account is active over a certain minimal threshold. Not sure if it's time based or # of comments. But if you're on and active for just a little bit, it will become available.

Some site features, like the ability to edit a post, are only added once your account is active over a certain minimal threshold. Not sure if it's time based or # of comments. But if you're on and active for just a little bit, it will become available.
Thanks for that.

Still no word on a when for these other denver area superchargers from anyone?

Thanks for that.

Still no word on a when for these other denver area superchargers from anyone?
When there is word, someone will post in this thread or start a new thread on this sub-forum. It is unlikely that any new supercharger will appear in Denver in 2019. Needless to say, the Tesla supercharger map needs to be taken with a grain of salt. But there are other active superchargers in the Denver metro area, and depending on your commute, 110V charging at home is not that bad (I do it myself). It is, quite literally, infinitely better than not having any access to home charging.