TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Denver, CO

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by Cottonwood, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

There appears to be credible evidence of the location for the Denver Supercharger from krudy at Denver Supercharger ? - Page 3 at The Hampton Inn, 4310 Airport Way, Denver CO 80239. This find by krudy was also noticed by emupilot at Tesla Supercharger network - Page 543

Hopefully, we will see pictures soon. For a google maps view of this location in Denver, see 4310 Airport Way, Denver, CO 80239 - Google Maps

This location will help airport users and folks coming from the east on I-70, but will be a little out of the way for those coming from Cheyenne and the north and then heading west on I-70. If the "temporary" Lone Tree site goes away, this will also be a little out of the way for those coming from the south and heading west.

2. Tyl

Tyl Member

Great find by krudy! I hope we get some photos soon! I've offered to help post the photos if needed. It seems to be in a great location. I traveled near there recently and it would have come to good use traveling east to west on I-70.

3. KevinR

KevinR Member

Great news.

4. bsbomber

bsbomber Member

I just got home from the site. The contractor said it might take a month as he needs to build a brick enclosure. Sorry, I don't know how to shrink pics.

Attached Files:

5. Cottonwood

They are just getting started, so finished and on-line in a month would be great!

So far, Xcel Energy has not been a hold up on connections and transformer installs.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are pictures that krudy e-mailed to me. Thanks krudy!

Denver 1.JPG

Denver 2.JPG

Denver 3.JPG

Denver 4.JPG

Denver 5.JPG

6. Tyl

Tyl Member

Here is one more of krudy's photos! It is always a great surprise to see another supercharger site underway! Thanks krudy!
    IMG_0322.jpg

7. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

This is an excellent spot for a supercharger. It splits the 155 mile gap between Limon, CO and Silverthorne, CO, which will be invaluable in the winter.

8. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I agree, and that will be crucial when the roads are snow covered and it's 10F outside. Once Kansas City and Topeka are complete the trip from my home in South Missouri will be doable.

9. slipdrive

slipdrive Member

#9 slipdrive, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    Great news for more SC's on I-70.
    A bit of a headscratcher, though. Cutting east over to Aurora on I-270 or E-470 (tolls) from I-25 southbound adds maybe a half hour to the westbounder from Chicago/Cheyenne, versus I-76 West to I-70, and unfortuantely on some of the worst truck freeway and surface in Denver. Hmmm. I trust there is a larger plan. Maybe a future addition or relocation of Lone Tree to the west side of town....

10. Cottonwood

Yes, when I heard that it was going to be at a Hamton Inn, I was hoping for the one on the west side of town near Golden. Golden would have been a much better location for all: Hampton Inn Denver West Golden Hotel - Google Maps

However, as they say, this location is way better than nothing, and it will be good for those returning from flights out of the Denver Airport.

11. bsbomber

bsbomber Member

I agree 100%. West Side of town would have been a much better choice...maybe close to the Colorado Mills shopping center?

12. slipdrive

slipdrive Member

It's got to be incredibly difficult to find suitable landlords for these. For instance, much of the commercial property in the Golden area is owned or controlled by the Stevenson dynasty, as in Stevenson Chevrolet ..... For what it's worth ...the Park Meadows store said a while back there "would be more around Denver....someday".

13. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Member

Yeah, I would be amazed if we don't end up with one on either side of Denver eventually.

14. theheff

theheff Member

I was in the area for work today and stopped by to check out the progress.

2014-09-17 18.00.53.jpg

2014-09-17 18.00.17.jpg

15. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Great pics. Coming along nicely!

16. Tyl

Tyl Member

Keep the pictures coming!

17. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

Any updates on this SC station? I will be passing through there in about a week or so......

18. theheff

theheff Member

I just checked in at lunch today. I actually spoke with the contractors a bit, too. He said it would probably be online by Friday and that all they needed to do was install the box around the power equipment. Here's what it looks like right now:

2014-10-02 14.49.04.jpg

19. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Thanks for the pic. Did you notice if the transformer was there or not?

20. Cottonwood

Xcel Energy is one of the better responding utilities. I spoke with one of their people at the Silverthorne opening last year. They are very supportive of Tesla's Superchargers, and I would expect the transformer connection to go quickly.

For example, the Boulder equipment yard on 63rd St in Boulder has multiple 300, 500, and 750 kW transformers staged and ready to go. They have been doing a lot of high power installs lately for grow operations...