Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Denver, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the e-mail that Denver is open! It's certainly not a picture of the Denver Supercharger, but it's the thought that counts...

Who's going to post the first picture charging at Denver?

Denver Open.jpg

I also got the e-mail this morning. I charged at around 9:30 am on my way to work. There still is NO meter? I just do not get it?

Also of note: All of the light poles in the parking lot have 15 amp 110 volt outlets. You can see one sticking out on the pic below.

Attachments

• IMG_20141108_092741_194.jpg
    IMG_20141108_092741_194.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 707
  • IMG_20141108_092849_909.jpg
    IMG_20141108_092849_909.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 718
I also got the e-mail this morning. I charged at around 9:30 am on my way to work. There still is NO meter? I just do not get it?

Also of note: All of the light poles in the parking lot have 15 amp 110 volt outlets. You can see one sticking out on the pic below.

Because the power does not flow through a CT (Current Transformer) meter, you can get power without the meter present; Xcel does allow temporary service like this. Here is a quote from page 25 of Xcel's Standards for Electric Installation and Use.
Xcel.png

Besides the 120 Volt outlets, there is a J1772 EVSE near the front entrance to the hotel. I am guessing that it is 208V, 30A, but have not tried it.

Yes, that's exactly what XCEL did for a new 200 amp service I had installed last month at a property. Owners request Temp Power, and they insert aluminum "jumpers" in the meter slot, and put a cable lock on it. Then on their own sweet time, the meter appears. I think the Colorado PUC tracks their timing on getting power to facilites, under franchise grant and the "obligation to serve", so this stops that clock.

On our XC drive, stopped in Denver and two of the spots were ICE'ed. Either that, or this SUV in a Tesla only spot is the new Model X. I'm from the east coast and have never seen a SC spot ICE'ed before, is this common in other areas of the country?

During our two stops at the Denver SC there was no ICEing. There was a person who was interested in a Tesla, so he got the tour.

However, ICEing is unfortunately common in the Western states. It's taken years, fines, and towing to get most people to stop parking in handicapped spaces (some still park in those spaces).

In our XC drive, stopped in Denver and two of the spots were ICE'ed. Either that, or this SUV in a Tesla only spot is the new Model X. I'm from the east coast and have never seen a SC spot ICE'ed before, is this common in other areas of the country?

I've not seen Denver ICEd before, though I have seen it at Glenwood Springs. I'd not say that it's particularly common anywhere I've visited, 95 unique superchargers and soon to grow. Some hotels run out of parking spots if they're sold old and some Tesla spots are marked as general parking over certain hours or for certain time frames.

I used it recently when dropping off and picking up DH at night. The parking lot around it was pretty full but no ICE parked in the Tesla slot. There are Tesla emblems painted onto the parking spaces and maybe that has deterred ICE parking. Very convenient to charge there while waiting to pick up your passenger. I was the only one there charging. DH commented that he loved the Tesla locator in the app so he could see where I was while he was waiting for pick up.

View attachment 108891
20160117_185818.jpg

Last edited:
yes on inside info. the area location i'm talking about is not shopping center related. I'll just say it's in the quebec street area. that said, i would imagine the location i know if is probably not going to be the only location in this area. I wouldn't be surprised if they were looking to get stalls in at 29th ave town center, quebec square and northfield. maybe some in at the A-line station as well?