TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger: Deptford NJ

Discussion in 'North America' started by gavine, Apr 7, 2018.

1. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  2. Fiore

Fiore Member

This would be great!!

3. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

#3 jaguar36, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    I'm going to call this as wishful thinking. First off there isn't any "coming soon" pin anywhere near here. Second its a pretty terrible location for north/south travel. Getting here from the NJTPK or 295 is a pain in the butt. It'd be good for going down the shore, but how many people would be able to get here but not be able to get to Egg harbor? Its only 160 miles from Harrisburg to Egg Harbor. Also most other mall locations around here that have had Superchargers installed have been Simon properties, Deptford is owned by someone else.

There also isn't a ton of people going to Deptford from Philly, so it wouldn't be a big boost for apartment dwellers. Cherry Hill Mall would make a lot more sense for that.

Edit: Just looked on the Deptford Planning board site and they don't have minutes for the meeting posted, but they do have an agenda that lists Tesla, so maybe it is real.

4. gavine

It's at the intersection of Routes 42 and 55 which are heavily traveled routes.

Maybe the Cherry Hill mall will get chargers too. No one said it was Deptford instead of Cherry Hill. Or, maybe the "coming soon" pin on the map near Cherry Hill will be Deptford. In the grand scheme of things, Deptford isn't that far from Cherry Hill.

5. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

That's not really an intersection, its really a split of 76. Very few folks go from 55 to 42 Most of that traffic is just commuting too. There is a fair bit going down the shore during the summer, but like I said, its not that far.

I guess with the NJTPK exit not connecting to a highway there really isn't a better location. Someday they make actually finish the ramps from 295north to 42 south too.

6. gavine

Good point about the ramps. Perhaps Tesla took that into consideration when selecting Deptford. The Deptford Mall is accessible from both 42 and 55. 42 has 2 exits and 55 has one.

• Funny x 1
  7. gavine

Looks like it's on Supercharge.info already. Looks good on the map, especially when heading to the Atlantic City area from northwest of Philadelphia.

8. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Active Member

Mods any chance we can move this to the Mid Atlantic forum?

• Like x 2
  9. 42Freeway

42Freeway New Member

Hey guys. I write the 42Freeway blog and was there for the planning board meeting. Sat there and listened to the whole presentation with my own ears and eyes. Ha. So definitely not rumor. Not much more to say. Ha.
    They were asked if other cars can charge with it.. the answer being no, of course. But the Tesla folks said it’s in the works.

10. gavine

Welcome to the forum. I love your site. I visit a few times per week to learn what’s new in the area. Keep up the good work. Now we need to get you to buy a Tesla.

• Like x 2
  11. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

It’s a huge parking lot at Deptford Mall but I couldn’t find any signs of a build today.

12. gavine

From what I have heard, the chargers are going to be in the northern-most part of the parking lot, across from the Chilis Bar and Grill:

Google Maps

• Informative x 1
  13. socbrian

socbrian Member

Just went past. No signs of anything

14. randygts

randygts Member

anyone had a chance to go by there lately? any signs of life?

15. gavine

I was there the other day. I didn’t see any activity.

16. randygts

randygts Member

Anyone see any progress here?

17. RUNSILNT

RUNSILNT Member

I’m traveling to Cherry Hill for the second time this year to see family. It would be great if this was online in time for Thanksgiving but doesn’t seem like that’s going to be the case.

18. gavine

I rode-around the mall on Sunday and made a point to look around. I saw nothing at all.

19. NobleNoir

NobleNoir Member

Log: November 18, 2018 no signs of a Tesla charger I drove around the entire parking lot. Will try again later. Hopeful for the future.

20. mmccord

mmccord Member

• Informative x 1