Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Deptford NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gavine

Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to call this as wishful thinking. First off there isn't any "coming soon" pin anywhere near here. Second its a pretty terrible location for north/south travel. Getting here from the NJTPK or 295 is a pain in the butt. It'd be good for going down the shore, but how many people would be able to get here but not be able to get to Egg harbor? Its only 160 miles from Harrisburg to Egg Harbor. Also most other mall locations around here that have had Superchargers installed have been Simon properties, Deptford is owned by someone else.

There also isn't a ton of people going to Deptford from Philly, so it wouldn't be a big boost for apartment dwellers. Cherry Hill Mall would make a lot more sense for that.

Edit: Just looked on the Deptford Planning board site and they don't have minutes for the meeting posted, but they do have an agenda that lists Tesla, so maybe it is real.

Last edited:
I'm going to call this as wishful thinking. First off there isn't any "coming soon" pin anywhere near here. Second its a pretty terrible location for north/south travel. Getting here from the NJTPK or 295 is a pain in the butt. It'd be good for going down the shore, but how many people would be able to get here but not be able to get to Egg harbor? Its only 160 miles from Harrisburg to Egg Harbor. Also most other mall locations around here that have had Superchargers installed have been Simon properties, Deptford is owned by someone else.

There also isn't a ton of people going to Deptford from Philly, so it wouldn't be a big boost for apartment dwellers. Cherry Hill Mall would make a lot more sense for that.

Edit: Just looked on the Deptford Planning board site and they don't have minutes for the meeting posted, but they do have an agenda that lists Tesla, so maybe it is real.

It's at the intersection of Routes 42 and 55 which are heavily traveled routes.

Maybe the Cherry Hill mall will get chargers too. No one said it was Deptford instead of Cherry Hill. Or, maybe the "coming soon" pin on the map near Cherry Hill will be Deptford. In the grand scheme of things, Deptford isn't that far from Cherry Hill.

It's at the intersection of Routes 42 and 55 which are heavily traveled routes.
That's not really an intersection, its really a split of 76. Very few folks go from 55 to 42 Most of that traffic is just commuting too. There is a fair bit going down the shore during the summer, but like I said, its not that far.

I guess with the NJTPK exit not connecting to a highway there really isn't a better location. Someday they make actually finish the ramps from 295north to 42 south too.

Hey guys. I write the 42Freeway blog and was there for the planning board meeting. Sat there and listened to the whole presentation with my own ears and eyes. Ha. So definitely not rumor. Not much more to say. Ha.
They were asked if other cars can charge with it.. the answer being no, of course. But the Tesla folks said it’s in the works.

Hey guys. I write the 42Freeway blog and was there for the planning board meeting. Sat there and listened to the whole presentation with my own ears and eyes. Ha. So definitely not rumor. Not much more to say. Ha.
They were asked if other cars can charge with it.. the answer being no, of course. But the Tesla folks said it’s in the works.

Welcome to the forum. I love your site. I visit a few times per week to learn what’s new in the area. Keep up the good work. Now we need to get you to buy a Tesla.