Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Deptford NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somebody sent me this from today

Attachments

• 429F153A-276F-4307-85F1-C8328359FC17.jpeg
    429F153A-276F-4307-85F1-C8328359FC17.jpeg
    342 KB · Views: 92
Came here to post about this guy and didn’t take a pic so that’s great. I pulled up and asked him how it’s going. He started with “it won’t be officially commissioned until the end of the day.” I was really caught off guard and said something along the lines of “so wait- this will potentially be functional tomorrow?” And he suggested that that was the plan!!!

I got a little more info by saying this was very exciting to see finished as it’s probably the longest that has been under construction in the country and that the forums have been talking about it finishing forever. He mentioned it was a v2 not a v3 and I laughed and said yes that’s because it was built over a year ago! He mentioned he had just driven down from CT and that word from his superiors was that “he needs to get down there to finish this thing up already.” He was taking apart the actual stalls at the top and had a bunch of wiring in the Model X that he was using to finish everything up. He was super friendly and working in a pair of board shorts thank god because my car was showing 100°

When it said construction on June 18th, 2019, that must have been the permit. It would not take over a year to complete.
Oh, you sweet summer child......

No, that date is about correct for the start of construction. See this post first reporting ground being broken for the supercharger installation on 2019-06-16. If you scroll up a few posts from that one, you'll see that someone going by the site a month earlier (in May) reported no construction yet. So, it definitely started in either the second half of May or first half of June 2019.

Oh, you sweet summer child......

No, that date is about correct for the start of construction. See this post first reporting ground being broken for the supercharger installation on 2019-06-16. If you scroll up a few posts from that one, you'll see that someone going by the site a month earlier (in May) reported no construction yet. So, it definitely started in either the second half of May or first half of June 2019.
What took this so long to complete? Why are people saying they can only get 120kw out of it?

What took this so long to complete? Why are people saying they can only get 120kw out of it?

It’s hard to say why it took so long. Either something with permitting or power company sluggishness. Tesla was clearly ready to go and has been for months.

As for why it’s slower than advertised, V2 Superchargers has two possible configurations - 120 kW and 150 kW. They all started out as 120 and most got upgraded to 150 sometime last year (?). The difference seems to be little more than a flag in Tesla’s system, so it seems to me that Tesla just didn’t have it configured for 150 kW when I charged. We’ll see if they change it.

The meter is owned by the utility. Generally, the meter itself is the switch to connect the utility to the customer equipment.
Generally maybe but in this case what I said is literally what happened. Meter was installed with no power, then power was turned on to the meter, then Tesla came to do a final inspection and turned the site fully on.

Glad to see this location finally open.