Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Des Moines, IA (NW 2nd St)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by this site this morning.
Weather was windy and frigid, so I did not spend any time looking the site over.
Attached are a couple of pictures I quickly snapped before my hands froze.
I did not notice the blown off cover as mentioned by @gessner17 above.
The second photo is a close up of the meter - it was blank, i.e. no sign that it had power.
I plugged in, but car said something like " no power".

IMG_20220122_083255.jpgIMG_20220122_083240.jpg

Tested again today. 3 ICE vehicles parked in spots. Still under 50wK. Slow to ramp up.
Your charging rate is consistent with comment you made for your first visit of 7 deg ambient and cold battery. If your car has been sitting outside at those temperatures, my experience on my MD90D is it can take up to two hours of driving on the interstate before I can expect to get supercharging rates approaching the maximum rate that my car can sustain. And yes, that's even with putting the supercharger in as my destination. I much better test of whether the station if fully commissioned and giving max charging rates would be driving over from say Iowa City to give it a try.

Just my experience over 5.5 years of ownership and numerous cold weather trips.

Reactions: swaltner
Stopped here on 12.29.23 direct from Omaha. OS temp was about 25. SOC was 30%. Still only got 50kw!! Anyone with more recent experience? Will be coming thru again and will need to chose. Thanks.
Have you supercharged since this trip? Were you navigating to the superchargers to pre-condition the battery? The fact that you were only pulling 50 kW both here and in Lincoln would be more indicative of some sort of issue with your car rather than the super chargers.