Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Destin, Florida (speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This sucks, Destin definitely needs one worse than Gulf Breeze does. There's a pretty big gap right now along 98 that includes a lot of tourist destinations.

Gulf Breeze is a strange choice, IMO. I'm glad to see Pensacola back on the map again, but I can't wrap my head around GB at all.

Destin makes a lot more sense, but they may be running into planning and permitting issues over there.

Reactions: solodogg
Gulf Breeze is a strange choice, IMO. I'm glad to see Pensacola back on the map again, but I can't wrap my head around GB at all.

Destin makes a lot more sense, but they may be running into planning and permitting issues over there.

I would expect if that were the case that they would look into Fort Walton Beach, unless the issue is with Okaloosa County somehow. If so, they could go to Miramar and still be in a better location than Gulf Breeze for tourist traffic.

I would expect if that were the case that they would look into Fort Walton Beach, unless the issue is with Okaloosa County somehow. If so, they could go to Miramar and still be in a better location than Gulf Breeze for tourist traffic.

I'd assume the issue isn't with the county since Crestview (the county seat, no less) already has a SC. Destin has always been weird about what does and doesn't get approved, and even down to what parts of Destin get to do what. There's a significant chunk of Destin that's off-limits for Air BnB, for example.
FWB to me makes less sense since it's not as high profile for tourism. I'm assuming that Gulf Breeze is now on the list due to Pensacola Beach, but that's a pretty poor assumption on my part.

It's weird, for sure. Either way, I'm not hopeful for seeing any movement in the area any time soon on new SCs. I know there's a boatload of Teslas on the road around here, but I don't often see out of state plates on them.

Per the most recent Find us map update and the upcoming supercharger location leak, it looks like Destin and Pesnacola are out (again), and the Gulf Breeze supercharger will be located at the Publix by Tiger Point at the south end of the Garcon Point bridge. That's a REALLY odd place for it, IMO, since it's out of the way of both Pensacola proper and Pensacola Beach.

Edit: Since I am not sure of etiquette for this stuff, should we start a new thread for the Gulf Breeze location?

Last edited:
Finally Destin!!!