Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger details popup obscured by list of nearby superchargers. Workaround?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my new MY LR currently running software 2022.8.2, aka V11 last week. Today sitting in my garage with the car at 80% charge, I was practicing with the navigation and planning a day trip. Navigation said I would arrive at my destination with 38% remaining, and the round trip would end with -6%.

So I wanted to research where to stop for a bite while charging. I pressed the Supercharger icon on the navigation page, and it popped up a list of nearby Superchargers. I obviously wasn't interested in anything nearby, but now the map did display the Superchargers along my route. I panned the map till I found a likely spot, then clicked the Supercharger icon.

Here is what I saw. The Supercharger details popup nicely centered on the map, with the list of nearby Superchargers covering up half of the details popup.
ObscuredPopup.jpg

If I dismissed the list of nearby Superchargers, the details popup and the Supercharger icons on the map both disappeared. Is there anyway I can examine the details of Superchargers along my route in car using the Tesla navigation screen?

I just received my new MY LR currently running software 2022.8.2, aka V11 last week. Today sitting in my garage with the car at 80% charge, I was practicing with the navigation and planning a day trip. Navigation said I would arrive at my destination with 38% remaining, and the round trip would end with -6%.

So I wanted to research where to stop for a bite while charging. I pressed the Supercharger icon on the navigation page, and it popped up a list of nearby Superchargers. I obviously wasn't interested in anything nearby, but now the map did display the Superchargers along my route. I panned the map till I found a likely spot, then clicked the Supercharger icon.

Here is what I saw. The Supercharger details popup nicely centered on the map, with the list of nearby Superchargers covering up half of the details popup.
View attachment 787697

If I dismissed the list of nearby Superchargers, the details popup and the Supercharger icons on the map both disappeared. Is there anyway I can examine the details of Superchargers along my route in car using the Tesla navigation screen?
I've not faced this issue before (don't do a lot of supercharging). Can you not just scroll the map over towards the right?

Upvote 0
I pressed the Supercharger icon on the navigation page, and it popped up a list of nearby Superchargers. I obviously wasn't interested in anything nearby, but now the map did display the Superchargers along my route. I panned the map till I found a likely spot, then clicked the Supercharger icon.

Close the nearby Superchargers list, then tap the map to bring up the map layers on the right, click the bottom layer button that looks like a lightning bolt. This will display Supercharger pins without that nearby list. Tap individual pins for information.
I believe that is the button I was pressing @Big Earl . Along the right of the map below the Satellite, Traffic, and Points of Interest buttons. When I press that icon the nearby Superchargers list does pop up, as well as displaying the Supercharger pins on the map. When I dismiss the nearby Superchargers list the pins on the map also disappear. (I am on software 2022.8.2).

Upvote 0
This recently has been annoying me too. Model S, 2022.8.3. Might be another UI issue introduced with v11, I cant say for sure when it became this way. I'm convinced the engineer responsible has never sat in a Model S to see how the UI behaves on the big vertical 17" screen.

I believe that is the button I was pressing @Big Earl . Along the right of the map below the Satellite, Traffic, and Points of Interest buttons. When I press that icon the nearby Superchargers list does pop up, as well as displaying the Supercharger pins on the map. When I dismiss the nearby Superchargers list the pins on the map also disappear. (I am on software 2022.8.2).
I confirm same behavior. Closing the offending nearby supercharger list dismisses the pop up info box, and scrolling the map in attempt to move the pop up info box into the clear also dismisses it. Brain dead UI.

Upvote 0

View attachment 787697

This problem recently surfaced in a new upgrade!
Have had MY for almost two years, the UI has gone backwards in recent upgrades. This is one example.

Upvote 0