Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Devonport, Tas

Chuq

Jan 1, 2015
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
As mentioned in TOCA's April member update:

Tesla is also at work constructing new Supercharging sites to enable convenient fast charging at additional routes across Australia. Keep an eye out for new locations coming soon in Devonport, TAS; Toombul, QLD; Geelong, VIC; Yea, VIC; Perth, WA; Moe, VIC; Williams, WA and Colac, VIC.

Obviously Devonport was selected because it is the gateway into the state for Tesla owners bringing their car across on the ferry... not because of it's thriving Tesla population :)

Precise location isn't public yet, but I couldn't go past the opportunity to create the thread for Tassie's first supercharger!

I checked for evidence of construction on 21 March and there was nothing then.

leonk

Oct 28, 2019
Melbourne
Interesting.. I'd have thought if you charged in Melbourne then there would be little need for one as soon as you get off the boat.
My guess is a second will be in the Hobart area then.

Chuq

Jan 1, 2015
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
They might also be taking into account people who arrive from outside Melbourne and either don't have time or don't want to deal with Melbourne traffic before boarding. Although note that the newly found Corio supercharger location is only 6 km from the new Geelong terminal (they are moving there in 2022)!

It's 278 km from Hobart, so I suspect they'd have one in the middle somewhere before Hobart.

ShockOnT

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
Jun 26, 2016
Sydney
I am currently in Tasmania having travelled down from Sydney and taking the ferry. We stopped at Moonee Ponds supercharger and got some dinner before getting onto the ferry.
A quick top up at the CCS2 charger in Campbell uuuuu made the trip to Hobart easy.
A charger in Davenport would actually be more useful for the return journey, allowing us to charge before getting on the ferry so we could drive off and start heading straight out of Melbourne.

QBN_PC

Feb 11, 2020
Queanbeyan
Well when the ferry moves down to Geelong you will be able to charge at the new Corio charges just before the freeway as you head back to the city
True. But it's better to aim to have (or add) a solid charge before departure.

Cars arrive at the departure point in dribs and drabs over several hours before the scheduled loading time. You never know about traffic or accidents, and the last thing you want to do is miss the boat. On the other hand, cars leave kinda all at once. Certainly over a far shorter timespan than loading. If there's more than a couple of Teslas aboard, the charger will be overwhelmed for one relatively brief period per day. Heaven help if a local or random traveller wants to charge at the same time.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC