Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Devonport, Tas

Vostok

Jul 1, 2017
Sydney

Yes, they said "Australia's first Tesla supercharger", just ignore that minor inaccuracy :)
They have corrected the text to say “Australia’s first V3 Tesla supercharger”.

Also, the photo of Spirit of Tasmania CEO Bernard Dwye... I don’t know what he’s trying to plug into, but it ain’t gonna fit! 🤣

Are V3 Superchargers CCS2 only?

Reactions: moa999

Chuq

Jan 1, 2015
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
They have corrected the text to say “Australia’s first V3 Tesla supercharger”.

Also, the photo of Spirit of Tasmania CEO Bernard Dwye... I don’t know what he’s trying to plug into, but it ain’t gonna fit! 🤣

Are V3 Superchargers CCS2 only?
Looks like that CCS2 connector has the CCS2-Type 2 adaptor on it ready for use on that Type 2 Model X .. so all OK :) Yes V3 is CCS2 only.

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok

Ross1

Sep 30, 2015
Australia
It is the fastest charger in Australia. V3 . And that is a good thing because you wouldn't want to miss the boat!
I travel frequently, just arrived this morning again. I don't see the SC being so useful for Spirit travellers but Devonport needs one, and why not at the ferry? Perhaps TT-Line made an attractive offer.
I understand SCs are also to go in at Launceston and Hobart.
My M3 will be arriving this month. What with the lockdown in Vic I wont be getting tuition 1 on 1, the book is 229 pages :)) Delivery is by a third party out of Devonport, which they do when the customer is over 250 km away. I bought it from Chadstone, minutes before the lockdown.
Anyway the charger will be welcome if we cant quite make it home from Hobart, and if Spirit passengers are not using it, and if it isn't broken.
(White on white)

AussieOwner

White M3 2021 LR
May 19, 2021
Regional Australia
Thanks for sharing that ,was cool and any publicity is always good as I have found that there seems to be the myth out there that electric cars are ugly and slow. Shame Tesla doesn't advertise as this would really break the mold especially in regional areas of the community ('Miners in Tesla's' twitter has been superb at this).

Anubis

Aug 4, 2019
Sydney
If anyone has used the Devonport supercharger, how much do they charge (in dollars) ?
$0.51 per kWh.

edit:
Let me correct that, $0.51 per kWh ROUNDED up to next full kWh.
For my last charge at Devonport, TeslaFi says I used/added 23.97 kWh to my car, but it was rounded up to 24 kWh for the payment.
At the Gundagai Supercharger 5 days later, TeslaFi says I used/added 26.28 kWh, but Tesla rounded it to 27 kWh for the payment.
note: I don't mind paying up to an extra $0.51, as I have lots of free charging most all other times, but I do think they need to go to at least 1 decimal place for the amount filled at some time in the future.

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC