Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Diamond Bar, CA (LIVE 4 Dec 2021, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just heard from a friend Tesla had a meeting with Diamond Bar city today and they are a soft agreement to install Superchargers at this plaza with a Go Live date around June of this year.

Superchargers will be installed behind the north end of this plaza.

2825 S Diamond Bar Blvd, Diamond Bar, CA 91765

TBS on the number of Superchargers and type. I will keep you guys updated if I hear more.

North side will have Ponoma and Chino Hills charger soon. Maybe they will put chargers by the 57/60 interchange (city of industry). There is a ton of construction at the proposed (old) LA Ram stadium site. I heard it will be an outlet mall. If so, that would be a great spot for superchargers. Easy On/Off freeway access.

• Informative
Reactions: KBaoBao
IMG_20210424_220417.jpg

From the diamond bar Summer 2021 newsletter. Further confirmation that they are targeting a mid June opening.

I'm so glad you posted this. My friend said residents weren't happy and wanted to vote it down. I also drove by yesterday and didn't see any signs of construction posting so I thought this was dead.

After nearly 2 decades of either working, living or going to school there, I would vote it down too. I still go to DBar regularly.

Ever since Grand Ave was opened up to Chino Hills... traffic has not been the same. With the shift of jobs to the OC during the recession, it became even worse.

The H Mart plaza is not that convenient either. You will hit 4 to 5 lights coming off the 57 at DBar Blvd.

The coverage on the 60 is still sparse. Still hope for a future station on the North side of DBar.

After nearly 2 decades of either working, living or going to school there, I would vote it down too. I still go to DBar regularly.

Ever since Grand Ave was opened up to Chino Hills... traffic has not been the same. With the shift of jobs to the OC during the recession, it became even worse.

The H Mart plaza is not that convenient either. You will hit 4 to 5 lights coming off the 57 at DBar Blvd.

The coverage on the 60 is still sparse. Still hope for a future station on the North side of DBar.
Think of it this way.... someday the gas stations will start to disappear.

Drove by today and didn't see any construction either. This location will very likely be delayed.
My friend told me they're getting resistance from local residents. The car show that took over this plaza last year really left a bad taste in their mouths. Many also uses this street to by pass the freeway between DB and Chino Hill so people who live near this street is against anything that could increase traffic.

So far no one has reach out to city hall "For" this project. Only people "Against" it have. I'm not sure how much weight their feedback carries though.

Reactions: N00bMaster69
For the city of Diamond Bar it's great tax income and the boost to the plaza will be a welcome change for the ever revolving restaurants and stores. I know the pushback will be from the residents especially those that live in "The Country" which has an entrance not too far. , But the traffic will not get any better might as well get some income from people driving through. Hopefully it will also get some better restaurants and stores in that plaza.