Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Diamond Bar, CA (LIVE 4 Dec 2021, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been able to get 250kw charging speed at this station? Been there 3 times and max charge speed is 150kw. I’ve tried preconditioning the battery on the way there and still can’t get 250kw.

Has anyone been able to get 250kw charging speed at this station? Been there 3 times and max charge speed is 150kw. I’ve tried preconditioning the battery on the way there and still can’t get 250kw.
If it's cold or cool out, you really need a lot of preconditioning. As in, you have to have been driving freeway speeds (65+) with preconditioning for at least 30-45 minutes. And in cold weather, most often you still won't get top speed at the first supercharger of the day. Preconditioning from 5 miles away isn't going to cut it.

Last edited:
If it's cold or cool out, you really need a lot of preconditioning. As in, you have to have been driving freeway speeds (65+) with preconditioning for at least 30-45 minutes. And in cold weather, most often you still won't get top speed at the first supercharger of the day. Preconditioning from 5 miles away isn't going to cut it.
Thanks. Looks like the combination of preconditioning (5-7 mins) and state of charge below 20% helped boost the charging rate to 225kW. I probably didn’t meet both conditions on past charges here.

Thanks. Looks like the combination of preconditioning (5-7 mins) and state of charge below 20% helped boost the charging rate to 225kW. I probably didn’t meet both conditions on past charges here.
Preconditioning is critical. Sometimes 5 minutes on a cold day isn't close to be enough to get the full charging speed. Tried to charge yesterday with ambient temp in the low 70s and it was perfectly fine with only 2-3 minutes of preconditioning at the San Gabriel SC.

It looks like a different type of charging station is getting installed here as well. Maybe Electrify America, or similar?
IMG_20220318_230430.jpg

This Diamond Bar supercharger site doesn't pop up on my Tesla app anymore (as one of my nearby supercharger sites). Are these superchargers temporarily offline? If I scroll the map (in the app) to this location it says superchargers but it isn't highlighted with a red dot or say how many chargers are available. Is anyone else having a problem with this location?

Never mind, it's showing in the app again.
This Diamond Bar supercharger site doesn't pop up on my Tesla app anymore (as one of my nearby supercharger sites). Are these superchargers temporarily offline? If I scroll the map (in the app) to this location it says superchargers but it isn't highlighted with a red dot or say how many chargers are available. Is anyone else having a problem with this location?
Never mind, it's showing in the app again.