Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dickson TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picture from the article:

636377247534217755-IMG-9963.JPG

Aerial view from Google:
upload_2017-8-10_12-23-32.png

Dickson, TN

Along Interstates: I-40
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-40:
To: Cookeville, TN - 115 miles
Diversion: 1 miles
To: Knoxville, TN - 204 miles

Bowling Green, KY (TN-46,I-40,I-65,u): 97.7 miles
Cookeville, TN (TN-46,I-40,TN-135): 115 miles
Nashville, TN (TN-46,I-40,I-840,I-65,TN-441): 46.4 miles
Chattanooga, TN (TN-46,I-40,I-840,I-24,I-75,TN-153): 174 miles
Atlanta, GA (TN-46,I-40,I-840,I-24,I-75): 274 miles
Athens, AL (TN-46,I-40,I-840,I-65,US-72): 110 miles
Tupelo, MS (TN-46,I-40,TN-22,US-64,US-45): 179 miles
Jackson, TN (TN-46,I-40,US-45BYP): 93.3 miles
Kuttawa, KY (TN-46,I-40,I-65,I-24,US-62): 139 miles

Together with Cookeville, TN this will make I-40 from Memphis east easy.

That will leave a 490 mile gap from Oklahoma City, OK to Memphis, TN. Tesla's "Coming "Soon"" map doesn't have 2017 for filling that space, and their plans have a 182 mile gap from Clarksville, AR to Forrest City, AR with a large diversion in Little Rock, AR if you don't think that you can make that gap.

Data from Supercharge.info; mapping from Supercharge.info, Google Maps

I was going to go hunting for this location this coming weekend when I'm in the area for the eclipse. I will stop out and get some updated pictures though.

This one will replace the Brentwood charging stop for me on the way from DC to my home in west TN. When the Cookeville charger opens it will replace the Brentwood stop when I go from the house to DC. Can't wait for them.

I work in Paris TN from time to time, but live in Nashville. I drove ALL around that area about a month ago after I found the Cookeville SC, and only found generic storage containers. I'll be driving back to Nashville tomorrow and will swing by and do some recon!!! Super Pumped for this one. With Dickson and Cookeville, makes all my commuting for work easily within round trip range of my 75. :D

I don't know about that parking lot. Looks awful small. Kind of looks like a Columbia SC situation in the making

Well, being that I grew up there and it is my home town, I'll chime in. I had a bit of a hand on this one. Two months ago I travelled back there in the X for a month to do some things related to this. Bottom line is that this supercharger is not in as tight a location as some may think or as it might appear. And a big reason being in that location is the alliance with The HIE chain where a lot of superchargers are being installed across the nation.

This SC will help people on the I40 Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville route. It is also located on the South side of the interstate that is MUCH less busy in Dickson as compared to the North side. Fast to get in and out of there if you are in a hurry, but the disadvantage is less choices of places to eat right around the SC. if you charge and then go across the interstate to the North side on Hwy 46 then you will have more choices of places to eat than you can handle. Practically every known chain restaurant is within a 1 mile stretch along 46.

Also being about 40 miles outside of Nashville, it is going to be a lot more convenient than the Brentwood SC which takes a lot more time to get to it if you are on the I40 route.

Well he almost got it right. Sc to be closer to I40 / I65

WIth that clue I'm going to stick my neck out and say North Gulch is where the 16 bay SC will go in Nashville then. It's on I-65 and close to I-40.

In the picture here you can see what looks like a one lane olympic swimming pool, which I'm going to guess is the site for a canopy judging by the steel onsite. The trench dug had a large conduit along its length before they filled it in, at least 9" conduit I believe, maybe 12". Well that's my theory. Time will tell :)

IMG_20170828_085403.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: FlyF4
That would be a very convenient location, but I doubt it will be there. It was in the Nashville Post last week that this is a temporary parking lot and will be developed with another hotel/residential/office structure in the future. Unless Tesla is willing to put a supercharger in a parking structure, I doubt there will be one inside the downtown loop. The land is just too expensive and it doesn't make sense. I suspect we'll end up with a Metro Center location for the supercharger near downtown Nashville. Another possibility would be the land around the under construction Top Golf since that entire area is being redeveloped.