Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Disabled AP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a strange thing happen yesterday on a road trip. We hit another Supercharger and my app reported that charging had stopped at around 60%. Strange, but plugged it back in and charged up. Then we jumped back on the interstate and discovered that AP no longer worked. The blue lane lines no longer show up on the screen and it just says AP in unavailable. We tried soft//hard reboots and it never came back on. Not sure if the SC had anything to do with it, but the timing was strange. Any ideas what's going on with it? I can't get an appointment at the service center for weeks.
:(

I had a strange thing happen yesterday on a road trip. We hit another Supercharger and my app reported that charging had stopped at around 60%. Strange, but plugged it back in and charged up. Then we jumped back on the interstate and discovered that AP no longer worked. The blue lane lines no longer show up on the screen and it just says AP in unavailable. We tried soft//hard reboots and it never came back on. Not sure if the SC had anything to do with it, but the timing was strange. Any ideas what's going on with it? I can't get an appointment at the service center for weeks.
:(
Hmmm, I'm not sure about that. I am really doubting the two things are related. There may be other reasons for the AP unavailable, but the only thing that comes to mind is that you might have ignored the warning to apply torque to the wheel for too long of a time, so the car disabled it. You would have to park the car and start again for it to be re-enabled. Maybe other folks will chime in with other reasons.

Go out and try it now after having parked the car. My guess is that it is going to work.

I think it either happened by, or durning the Supercharging. I say that because there were other strange thing happening as well. It though it's lights were on and they weren't, etc. Anyway, I called Tesla and they did something remotely that fixed it. It seems that all is well with her now.
:)

Thanks for the help!

I think it either happened by, or durning the Supercharging. I say that because there were other strange thing happening as well. It though it's lights were on and they weren't, etc. Anyway, I called Tesla and they did something remotely that fixed it. It seems that all is well with her now.
:)

Thanks for the help!
Insect build-up, coupled with dust if you're on dirt/gravel roads, on your nose can do it. I had it happen a couple times on last trip. It'll impede your sensors, radar in particular. I've got two layers of poly overtop that exasperates that. Colour wrap and then PPF over that on the nose. On the flip side it makes it a lot easier and safer to scrub bugs off, I keep a couple rags and fluid in the frunk for that use.

I got an error message one time, but not the other. In both cases pulling over on an approach and cleaning it up fixed the issue.