Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dobbs Ferry, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA

What: Tesla is in planning to install 12 V3 superchargers at a shopping center along the Saw Mill River Pkwy (NY-9A) in Dobbs Ferry.
Address: 69 Stanley Ave, Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522 (note: I've substituted a street address that better matches with the actual charger location)

GPS: 41.003783, -73.856420

1632471187761.png

@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright

Nice, a super charger near us. Will try to keep an eye out and send some pictures once construction starts. There is a Mom's Grocery, Starbucks, Restaurants, Chipotle and a few other spots near by. There is also an existing pair of Volta L2 Free charging in the Mom's Grocery parking lot next door.
The exact location will be over towards the Mom's grocery, on the bottom level of that garage. Basically right underneath Lombardo's Pizza.

Just a couple updates here. The permits are not approved yet. Tesla had a review on Sep 27 with the Dobbs Ferry Architectural Review Board which needs to approve the aesthetics of the installation. "We welcome tesla" they said in the meeting. They had no issues with the chargers themselves or the location but they don't like the location of the v3 cabinets and the transformer which is visible from the street. "Whatever we are seeing has to be pleasant" was their concern. They asked Tesla to come back to them with better shrubbery or a nice fence but the fence can't be higher than 4 feet. And to see if they can move the Cabinets inside the building. And maybe ask ConEd to move their transformer inside, but not sure how since that triggers lots of new regulations around fire safety.

You can watch the video in all it's glory here:

And you see a good presentation of the layout at Moms Market:

There are lot of tesla owners in the area (not as many as in California but still) so these chargers are nice to have. Just saw 3 in a convoy pull up at our local elementary school to drop off their kids.

Reactions: MarcoRP
Updates a) fence behind superchargers was approved by the Dobb's Ferry Architectural Review Board last month b) Tesla goes before the review board again on Monday, November 8th. They moved the layout of the cabinets to behind the building and placed tall shrubs around the transformers. If this all gets approved, I think the next step is for them to get their permits reviewed & issued.

Updated pics here:
https://www.dobbsferry.com/sites/g/files/vyhlif3031/f/uploads/dobbs_ferry_ny_photosims_11.01.21.pdf

New Application:

The Dobb's Ferry Architectural Review Board approved the Tesla install, now pending building department reviewing the location of the tree planting around the transformer... This is part of the permit review, so now we just have to wait for permits to be issued (maybe 30 - 90 days).

Reactions: mociaf9
I was driving by tonight and noticed a couple of cones out on the spots where the chargers will be built. I also noticed a white box truck parked with no markings on one of the spots. This is strange since I didn't see any permits approved yet, but sometimes there is lag when the building department approves a permit until it appears online.

I would *NOT* mark this under construction until we see more evidence of something. It's odd to see them start something so quickly. Will keep an eye out.

20211111_192723.jpg

Looks like the building permits (fence and supercharger) have been issued. Saw some scattered orange cones again around several spots, but nothing else yet.

City Squared - supercharger
City Squared - fence

Looks like an electrical permit is still pending approval. But I suspect they can start digging.

small UPDATE: electrical permit approved as well : City Squared

Getting close. Saw a truck with CNB Corp logo (they are listed on the permit) and a large compressor/generator. Also a Porta Potty rental. But no fencing or flagging yet... Spoke to the cashier at the market, and they mentioned they saw men starting to prepare stuff. Not sure what though, cones mostly gone.

Attachments

• 20220116_164743.jpg
    20220116_164743.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Tesla only lists cities on it's website that are already open, or ones that are where they are seeking a partnership for putting in a supercharger. The 'planned' ones are pinned to the center of the map for the town name, not the location, as a location has not been negotiated, and once one is, the pin traditionally doesn't move until it's open. If this one was what I would call opportunistic, coming from their relationship with a chain (sheetz, wawa, etc) or via a reachout by either side, then it never makes the map until on-line. This is perfectly normal.

Reactions: RTPEV