Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dover, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I work for the City of Dover within the Planning Office. I can tell you nothing has come across the city, even in concept. But as soon as I see something, I will post it (as long as its public information). There are two large new shopping centers that are in the works (one has started) with several committed tenant spaces. Both would work well.

People don't seem to understand that the maps put out recently do not mean that an installation is imminent, to a point the maps are a wishlist of potential areas for a SpC, once the area had been identified then the prossesses like site location permitting and building could begin

People don't seem to understand that the maps put out recently do not mean that an installation is imminent, to a point the maps are a wishlist of potential areas for a SpC, once the area had been identified then the prossesses like site location permitting and building could begin

Not to mention the Tesla Supercharger page says this site has a target completion date by the end of 2018...so I wouldn't hold my breath for any near-term movement on this.

On a brighter note, someone found a Tesla permit for the Rehoboth Beach supercharger site so hopefully that work will start soon...its posted here:

Supercharger - Rehobeth, DE

On a brighter note, someone found a Tesla permit for the Rehoboth Beach supercharger site so hopefully that work will start soon...its posted here:

Supercharger - Rehobeth, DE
A permit being pulled is a good indication that work is ready to proceed because the agreement with the property owner and governmental zoning/site plan work is complete. the last big piece that can stall a project is getting the local utility company to build up their connections to the site.

A permit being pulled is a good indication that work is ready to proceed because the agreement with the property owner and governmental zoning/site plan work is complete. the last big piece that can stall a project is getting the local utility company to build up their connections to the site.

Well considering there is a brand new substation expansion going in as we speak.... :p

Rehobeth:
upload_2017-9-15_15-45-35.png

Reactions: Brown4141
Locals should keep an eye on these WaWa's, have a feeling one will be our Dover site:

#8783, 2800 N Dupont Hwy, Dover, DE 19901
#838, 290 S Dupont Hwy, Dover, DE 19901

Nothing on permits for digs etc but would be good to just keep an eye on them as you pass thru for now. Temps are nice and warm so lets hope for a big construction push this....spring? (?)

Reactions: Brown4141
They were doing a lot of marking around the Wawa at 2800 N DuPont over a month ago. It looked like it was on both sides of the road as well as the median and I think it was related to sewer work but I am keeping my eye out.

This location would make the most sense since it’s easy access off Rt 1.

They were doing a lot of marking around the Wawa at 2800 N DuPont over a month ago. It looked like it was on both sides of the road as well as the median and I think it was related to sewer work but I am keeping my eye out.

This location would make the most sense since it’s easy access off Rt 1.

Yes that was sewer work, confirmed on 811 site. But keep an eye on it occasionally..

Any new information on this? I’m taking delivery on the 15th and was wondering if anything new has happened.

I had a week vacation in Bethany area and we swung by the WaWa, no sign of any movement yet. I'm watching the 811 dig site and nothing there yet. It'll be a while until this one comes.

You can use this site to keep an eye out for marking requests at/near the site:

One Call Concepts Ticket List

Use the polygon tool (scroll down) to mark around the location and search back a month or two and keep an eye out for electrical work at the WaWa. They don't always list it as the company being Tesla and the description might be obscure but usually you can deduce what's going on from the requests and where they are and research the company doing the work and if they've done other Tesla installs.

Reactions: AnarchyEOD
wow, that Wawa doesn't have enough parking as it is. We might see ice'ing there.

The couple times I was there it wasn't so bad. Have to remember that WaWa is a quick turnover location so people are in and out pretty quick usually. This is on the back side of the building and this building is not one of the front/back entrance locations so it's less likely to get parked up by the lazy folks.

• Informative
Reactions: crashvt