TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Supercharger - Dover, DE

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Mirlen, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Mirlen

Mirlen Member

Time to fire up the initial scouts for Dover, DE!

Target opening end of 2018

Link

2. kort677

kort677 Banned

The list that you're basing this post on is akin to a wish list.

3. Brown4141

Brown4141 Member

I work for the City of Dover within the Planning Office. I can tell you nothing has come across the city, even in concept. But as soon as I see something, I will post it (as long as its public information). There are two large new shopping centers that are in the works (one has started) with several committed tenant spaces. Both would work well.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. kort677

kort677 Banned

People don't seem to understand that the maps put out recently do not mean that an installation is imminent, to a point the maps are a wishlist of potential areas for a SpC, once the area had been identified then the prossesses like site location permitting and building could begin

5. Shateam

Shateam Member

Not to mention the Tesla Supercharger page says this site has a target completion date by the end of 2018...so I wouldn't hold my breath for any near-term movement on this.

On a brighter note, someone found a Tesla permit for the Rehoboth Beach supercharger site so hopefully that work will start soon...its posted here:

Supercharger - Rehobeth, DE

6. kort677

kort677 Banned

A permit being pulled is a good indication that work is ready to proceed because the agreement with the property owner and governmental zoning/site plan work is complete. the last big piece that can stall a project is getting the local utility company to build up their connections to the site.

7. Mirlen

Mirlen Member

Well considering there is a brand new substation expansion going in as we speak.... :p

Rehobeth:
    upload_2017-9-15_15-45-35.png

• Like x 1
  8. kort677

kort677 Banned

that's something! it is unique to that location! thanks for offering that picture, do you know
    where will the step down transformer be placed?