Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dover, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by today and work is really underway. You can't really tell in the picture but all the trenches are dug and a big pit is dug under where the transformers go. Looks like most if not all the supplies are on site as well.

Attachments

• Wawa 3.jpg
    Wawa 3.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 107
The big hole, I assume for the transformers, is behind the shed to the right of the charging spots. The guys working were not allowed to give any go-live date but said there will be eight charging stations. The wooden frame that was in Matthew's picture in the post above is now laying over top of the hole behind the shed. They were adding more wood to it. The hole was easily 2-3 feet deep.

Attachments

• 20181130_133036.jpg
    20181130_133036.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20181130_132844.jpg
    20181130_132844.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Thinkje and mociaf9
No pics today. It was busy. They have all of the spots fenced off again with lots of equipment wrapped in plastic or in boxes. They were also trenching to the right of the storage building. No charging stations are installed..

Phone number for Christiana Mall store is (302) 533-3895. They opened today. They have a Dual Motor Model 3 and a Model X P100D. They said no superchargers in the immediate future. Sorry for being off topic.

Also no plans for a service center in Delaware per salesman.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Brown4141
Reactions: Brown4141
I drove by yesterday and the conduit was coming out of the ground where each charging station would be located. This morning, a co-worker informed me the charging stations are now in place. The parking spots were still fenced in. Hopefully, they will be available soon.

• Informative
Reactions: Thinkje
I hope so! I'm likely driving down to see my in-laws in Dover between Christmas and New Years in my Model 3 and the only nearby charging options kinda stink.

I drove by yesterday and the conduit was coming out of the ground where each charging station would be located. This morning, a co-worker informed me the charging stations are now in place. The parking spots were still fenced in. Hopefully, they will be available soon.

Thanks...any word on if the transformer and meter are in place? That's usually a good indication that things are getting close (though not always!).

There were a lot of City of Dover Electric trucks on site and it was really busy there at lunch yesterday when I drove by. I'm thinking the transformers were being installed when I was there last week or the week before. They had a crane dropping in large electrical pieces of equipment on the concrete pad. The same guy was there that had asked not to post pictures so I did not take any.

Reactions: Shateam
Pics from today. No meter yet, but my understanding from the city is there is power to the transformer and the wires are run to the meter. As soon as the contractor gets a final electrical inspection (plus finish any work that they need to still do) the can install the meter and turn on the power. Then I am sure Tesla has to do their own testing, some blacktop work and some landscaping. It also looks as if they are going to install at least on more pole light, maybe two.

Attachments

• Wawa 1.jpg
    Wawa 1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 111
  • Wawa 2.jpg
    Wawa 2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Wawa 3.jpg
    Wawa 3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Wawa 4.jpg
    Wawa 4.jpg