Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dover, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1BBD1CDC-8AD3-4816-8790-20418399BBD7.png
Shows up in my iPhone Tesla app.

How about the 19th or 20th for a ribbon cutting? What say you @Half Dollar Bill and @jcadman22?
The Philly event sputtered this weekend because of the weather and as @Big Earl pointed out they're already calling for the possibility of more bad weather next weekend. I know, this time of the year, everything is a crap-shoot.

But, another thread pointed out that Paulsboro NJ was a sneak open. And maybe we keep our fingers crossed for Annapolis? So I'm thinking about stringing a run together - Philly/Paulsboro/Dover/Annapolis. At least we could get the first 3 if BG&E isn't cooperative. Come to think of it, I haven't done Lewes yet so that could be on my bucket list as well.

Thoughts? Maybe late Jan early Feb, again depending on the weather outlook.

I was at Wawa today charging. I spoke with the manager. He informed me that this was the next Wawa in this area to get remodeled. The store will be closed but the gas pumps will remain open. He said the charging stations should remain open unless they temporarily fence off that area of the parking lot. He had no date but said they were the next Wawa to get remodeled in Dover. And yes, they currently still have $1 coffee special (all sizes).

• Informative
Reactions: Brown4141
I called the North Dover Wawa today about their pending store remodel. I was told they will be closing for the remodel on Monday May 13th, the day after Mothers Day. I confirmed on Wawa's remodel website at Store Remodels: Schedule Includes Closing & Reopening Dates | Wawa. The store number is 848, located at 2800 N Dupont Hwy, Dover, DE 19901. It was farther down the page and not sorted by date. The reopening date is 6/14/19. The bad news is I was told the Superchargers would NOT be available during the remodel. Initially they had said they would be available. The gas pumps will remain open. The Wawa store phone number is (302) 678-2385 if you have any questions.

• Informative
Reactions: JSergeant
I charged on Tuesday. They had covered the first charging spot with port-a-potties. The manager informed me they were going to try to keep the chargers open if possible but he said it's not likely. The work begins the day after mother's day, May 13th. He did say they would inform Tesla if they need to disable the superchargers. You can also check the app to see if they are open.

Attachments

• 20190507_130158.jpg
    20190507_130158.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 64