Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Downey, CA - Lakewood Boulevard (LIVE 25 May 2018, 12 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found photos posted of the Downey Supercharger construction in progress on the Tesla Owners Los Angeles Facebook Group. They look like the urban superchargers similar to the ones installed in Riverside.
<iframe src="Facebook" width="500" height="652" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Here is the post

Attachments

• 1B65D477-E318-4E63-AC9D-8F1935E8A919.png
    1B65D477-E318-4E63-AC9D-8F1935E8A919.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 403
I'm not complaining. I like when these surprise locations pop up and they're already under construction. This should help along the 5 relatively soon. I wonder what else we don't know about if these can move along so quietly.

I also work in Downey and it's ironic that this location used to be a Ford car dealership. I could have used this yesterday when my garage door spring broke and I could not charge my car for 3 days. I finally had to use a Chademo 50kw charger in Stonewood (nearby) to get enough juice to get home.

This is a great location. Easy on and off exit from the 5 FWY. There are many fast "sit down" food places nearby and a Chris & Pitts BBQ restaurant that's been in Downey forever.
20180126_090949.jpg

I live a few blocks away and I am happy to have one near by but the location isn't that great. That Golden Corral is packed every weekend and some week nights. I guarantee you those chargers will be ICE'd more often than not... But hey, I visit the gym across the street so more motivation to go!

This one would be closer to us than the closest SC now, which is Buena Park. Not that we would use it-- easier to plug in in the garage. But we'd like to check it out! And I'm receiving a Model 3 in a few weeks for my daughter-- she should know about it.

Strange Sign just went up at the new Downey Supercharger location. Unless Tesla has developed a way to rip the space-time continuum, where else would the vehicle be while charging at this Supercharger? :(:(:(

Furthermore, If all the signs say "Use Last", then which Charger should you use? I'd like to know what they were thinking when they wrote this sign...
20180220_160210.jpg

Strange Sign just went up at the new Downey Supercharger location. Unless Tesla has developed a way to rip the space-time continuum, where else would the vehicle be while charging at this Supercharger? :(:(:(

Furthermore, If all the signs say "Use Last", then which Charger should you use? I'd like to know what they were thinking when they wrote this sign...
View attachment 281913

The "use last" might be because it's ADA accessible. At the San Diego supercharger, they have one space like that. It's not exclusively for handicap use, but it's supposed to be left open for handicap users unless all the other charging spaces are in use. The signage in San Diego is clearer, though.

• Informative

I think they are just trying to say that you have to stay on "The Commons at Gallatin Way" property while charging your Tesla. (i.e. you can't get picked up and leave or walk off their property to somewhere else.)

It would be interesting to see if they try to enforce that someway.

• Informative