Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vancouver (#2) - CF Pacific Centre parkade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I've confirmed that 22 urban superchargers are being installed at Pacific Centre Mall in downtown Vancouver, per the link here:
Notice of Intent Abstract: Electric Vehicle Charging Stations CF Pacific Centre

Electric Vehicle Charging Stations – CF Pacific Centre

Notice is hereby given by the City of Vancouver ("City") of its intent to contract with TESLA MOTORS for the provision of twenty-two fast charging stations.

The City of Vancouver intends to sublease twenty-two parking stalls in the CF Pacific Centre parkade in Vancouver, B.C. to Tesla Motors Canada ULC ("Tesla"), in which Tesla intends to install electric vehicle fast charging stations with the capacity to charge up to 22 electric vehicles simultaneously. The installation will utilize the existing electrical service at CF Pacific Centre. The station will provide up to 71 kW power to each charging vehicle. All 22 charging bays will be located at the west end of the P2 parking area under CF Pacific Centre.

Tesla will pay all capital, installation, operating and maintenance, and retirement costs of the charging stations and related trade fixtures. The City of Vancouver leases the CF Pacific Centre parkade from Cadillac Fairview. The City will not fund any aspect of this project.

Shoutout to Colin on the Tesla Owners of Vancouver FB group for spotting the initial construction at the mall!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181205-124049.png
    Screenshot_20181205-124049.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 557
Just a few blocks away from the other downtown supercharger. I'm jealous down here in Seattle! The closest supercharger to downtown Seattle is over 27 KM away!

If I were to take a stab at the reason for the discrepancy between Seattle and Vancouver, I would guess there are more apartment / condo dwellers in Vancouver leading to a higher need for public charging solutions.

Congrats on a great new supercharger Vancouver!

Just curious is there an exact address for this location?
Oh, also can someone please take more photos? I am very excited about this charging location!

Does anyone have any word on the Richmond or Burnaby chargers? Or the North or West Van chargers?

Pacific Centre Mall only has the one big underground parkade. There are two entrances and two exits: One on Dunsmuir between Granville and Hornby (entrance and exit), on your left. The other entrance is right around the corner on Hornby a few feet south of Dunsmuir, on your left.

Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
Pacific Centre Mall only has the one big underground parkade. There are two entrances and two exits: One on Dunsmuir between Granville and Hornby (entrance and exit), on your left. The other entrance is right around the corner on Hornby a few feet south of Dunsmuir, on your left.

Actually...

I think you're probably right about where these chargers are, but I think you're wrong about Pacific Centre having only 1 parking garage.

It seems to me there is another one on Howe Street further north, between Sephora and the Four Seasons.

Again, not that that is where the chargers seem to be but... Maybe this one isn't as big? I don't recall.

And there is another one further north, just after Holt Renfrew. I recall it being big enough.
pc2.png

Attachments

• pc.png
    pc.png
    1 MB · Views: 273
Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
Actually...

I think you're probably right about where these chargers are, but I think you're wrong about Pacific Centre having only 1 parking garage.

It seems to me there is another one on Howe Street further north, between Sephora and the Four Seasons.

Again, not that that is where the chargers seem to be but... Maybe this one isn't as big? I don't recall.

And there is another one further north, just after Holt Renfrew. I recall it being big enough.
View attachment 358613

According to the reports the location is near Nordstrom which is the southernmost area in the bigger underground parking lot south of Dunsmuir. This entrance is the smaller lot to the north, underneath Holt Renfrew.

A big question for me is, if the City of Vancouver is subleasing the parking stalls, will we still have to pay for parking? Pacific Centre is some of the most expensive parking in downtown Vancouver ($7.50/hour). I don’t mind paying for parking, but those rates are exhorbitant, in my opinion.

Anyone have any indication on this?

Last edited:
A big question for me is, if the City of Vancouver is subleasing the parking stalls, will we still have to pay for parking? Pacific Centre is some of the most expensive parking in downtown Vancouver ($7.50/hour). I don’t mind paying for parking, but those rates are exhorbitant, in my opinion.

Anyone have any indication on this?

I expect like any other SC that is in a paid parkade, you will have to pay for parking. This is not unique to the Vancouver area.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Anything new here?
Not sure, because right now in the lower mainland of BC, we just had some intense weather. i.e., winds and power outages.
I couldn't charge the car because the power was out for the last 2 days. My house just got power back today.

Edit: Colin Hay swung by and took this photo of what used to be many holes in the wall and now is lots of wiring.

Attachments

• 48396629_10156902288090030_5234464514094661632_n.jpg
    48396629_10156902288090030_5234464514094661632_n.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and mociaf9