Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Draper, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know an expected opening date?
I searched through the Draper City Planning Commission agendas since the staff report (linked in the opening post) recommending approval was issued (2020-01-02) and didn't yet find a listing showing that it had been heard. Usually, you can expect superchargers to be completed between 6-9 months after official planning approvals are granted. So, I wouldn't expect it to be online before the last quarter of 2020 and possibly not until next year.

I searched through the Draper City Planning Commission agendas since the staff report (linked in the opening post) recommending approval was issued (2020-01-02) and didn't yet find a listing showing that it had been heard. Usually, you can expect superchargers to be completed between 6-9 months after official planning approvals are granted. So, I wouldn't expect it to be online before the last quarter of 2020 and possibly not until next year.

Thanks for the info!

Was just browsing and saw this report showing that it's been approved and has a sketch of what it will look like on page 11 and other things. I'm curious when they will break ground on this now.
That's the same report/document from the opening post of this thread. It's the Planning staff report and accompanying approval from the Development Review Committee. This approval sends the project application on to be heard and reviewed/approved by the Draper City Planning Commission and/or the City Council. It doesn't represent a final planning approval for the project.

Reactions: camthehombre
That's the same report/document from the opening post of this thread. It's the Planning staff report and accompanying approval from the Development Review Committee. This approval sends the project application on to be heard and reviewed/approved by the Draper City Planning Commission and/or the City Council. It doesn't represent a final planning approval for the project.
That’s embarrassing. :oops: I thought I checked the other links in this thread to make sure it wasn’t a duplicate but I somehow missed it.. Thanks for pointing out my error!

Reactions: MaxPain
I am glad to have a supercharger in Draper, but boy, that location sucks! The parking lot where they are proposing to place the chargers is stupid busy and crowded, terribly difficult to get out of, and a challenge to navigate. And that's just with the traffic from Pizza Hut, Jimmy John's and others. Imagine where there are a bunch of Tesla's trying to get in and out. They should have placed it in the empty land on the south side by Discount Tire. Still, being just down the road from me, I'll use it frequently I imagine.

I am glad to have a supercharger in Draper, but boy, that location sucks! The parking lot where they are proposing to place the chargers is stupid busy and crowded, terribly difficult to get out of, and a challenge to navigate. And that's just with the traffic from Pizza Hut, Jimmy John's and others. Imagine where there are a bunch of Tesla's trying to get in and out. They should have placed it in the empty land on the south side by Discount Tire. Still, being just down the road from me, I'll use it frequently I imagine.
Well at this rate it's not something you'll have to worry about! :p 205 days in the permit status and counting... When it was originally announced I was hoping it would be done by the holidays for those who are traveling, but I'm not counting on it now.

Not really huge news but the Tesla supercharger map was updated and Draper now says "Target opening in Q1 2021". Nice to see it's a bit more specific. Also the map shows some that are planned for 2022 which is new to see plans for the current year as well as following.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 8.55.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 8.55.17 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
Not really huge news but the Tesla supercharger map was updated and Draper now says "Target opening in Q1 2021". Nice to see it's a bit more specific. Also the map shows some that are planned for 2022 which is new to see plans for the current year as well as following.
Lol Ogden now listed at "2022" and PC got a generic "Q4 2021" which we all know means sometime in 2024.

These were first listed in 2017!

Take a picture next time :D

I work down the street from where this location will be. On my way into work today I noticed work has begun! They have the area closed off with orange construction fencing. There was a large container for what I can only imagine will be storage for construction equipment. Sorry couldn't get pictures.