Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dryden, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
As mentioned in Western Canada - CO-OP to get DC Fast Charging Stations 2020

Dryden, ON

Along National Highways: TCH/ON-17

TCH/ON-17:
To: Ignace, ON (Permit) - 103.3 km
Diversion: 0 km (It's right on the highway)
To: Nipigon, ON (Permit) - 440.5 km

To: Sault Ste. Marie, ON (Construction) - 1026.4km
To: Sudbury, ON - 1330.7km

Another Co-Op site, adding to known sites in Western Ontario. That Western Ontario stretch won't be built this year as construction seems focused on Calgary, AB to Winnipeg, MB, and Sault Ste Marie, ON to Ottawa, ON,

[...]
Another Co-Op site, adding to known sites in Western Ontario. That Western Ontario stretch won't be built this year as construction seems focused on Calgary, AB to Winnipeg, MB, and Sault Ste Marie, ON to Ottawa, ON,
I understand your pessimism, but I think it stands a good chance of happening. The crew doing SSM ON told a member here that they were going to Wawa ON next. They wouldn't end the chain there.

(Edit) Reference is here.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcoRP
Two Dryden threads now. At least one is named correctly. ;) :)

Regarding @Chuq’s question, that’s a little tricky. The original thread has much more detailed information about the Dryden Supercharger, but this thread is probably where subsequent discussion will take place. I say point supercharge.info to this thread since the first post links back to the original thread that contains the details of the Dryden Supercharger.

• Funny
Reactions: SammichLover
This might be a silly question, but I'd like additional opinions - is this the correct thread to discuss the proposed supercharger in Dryden, Ontario? (as opposed to this thread - Western Canada - CO-OP to get DC Fast Charging Stations 2020 ) ?

I just created it because I prefer the one thread per Supercharger approach so that you (normally) have posts just about that Supercharger, or at least that area. Activity on a Supercharger-specific thread that appears in New Posts is more attention-grabbing. As a buildout geek, once a Supercharger is open, I don't really care, so I can start ignoring the specific threads. :p

I think the other thread should keep on the listing. The original finding was there, and then there are lots of findings which are in threads with irrelevant names, like for example Western Canada - CO-OP to get DC Fast Charging Stations 2020 . However, since it is a new thread, we could’ve asked a mod to change the thread’s name, then the discussion would focus on one location in particular.

Also @Doug_G , by “official thread” naming, this is what I meant (Supercharger - Dryden, ON).
Usually, new Superchargers are named in the title form: Supercharger - City, PROVINCE (shortened)

I just created it because I prefer the one thread per Supercharger approach so that you (normally) have posts just about that Supercharger, or at least that area.
I suggested one thread per supercharger on the Canada forum a couple years ago and I actually got overruled! Apparently some people actually preferred sifting through threads like "Western Canada superchargers" for some reason. But yes, one thread per supercharger seems the obvious correct approach, especially considering Canada will soon near the century mark of superchargers.

One thread per supercharger makes sense when there is actual news to report, photos of progress to be posted. But discussions like this (of which I've posted far too many) not relevant to the specific supercharger, perhaps belong in a "general" thread. I like the way it's evolved. A separate thread, when updated, should be indicating progress.

But information and dialogue is basically what this site, these forums, are about. (Sorry, this is the Canada forum... what these sites are aboot.)

I wouldn't read too much into that article - it's summarizing discussion in these forums and the maps on supercharge.info, I don't think there is any explicit confirmation from Tesla apart from that so it's not a new thing or a change from what we already know today.

People report it on TMC -> Supercharge.Info uses that information in their list -> Electrek does an article based on Supercharge.info -> Electrek article posted in TMC as "confirmation". Some circular journalism.

People report it on TMC -> Supercharge.Info uses that information in their list -> Electrek does an article based on Supercharge.info -> Electrek article posted in TMC as "confirmation". Some circular journalism.
It's very much like the mathematical approach of "proof by assumption":

* Let us assume that x = 5ey
* This does not contradict our initial assumption that x = 5ey
* Therefore x = 5ey

If we keep amplifying our own signal like this we're going to create a resonance. :D

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
It's very much like the mathematical approach of "proof by assumption":

* Let us assume that x = 5ey
* This does not contradict our initial assumption that x = 5ey
* Therefore x = 5ey

If we keep amplifying our own signal like this we're going to create a resonance. :D

How assorted disciplines prove all odd numbers are prime...

Mathematician: "1 is prime. 1+2=3 is prime. 3+2=5 is prime. 5+2=7 is prime. Therefore, by induction, all odd numbers are prime. "

Physicist: "1 is prime, 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 - experimental error, 11 is prime, 13 is prime... therefore by experiment all odd numbers are prime."

Engineer: "1 is prime, 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is prime, 11 is prime... so all odd numbers are prime."

At this point, my brother the engineer says "Hey! Wait a minute..."

How assorted disciplines prove all odd numbers are prime...

Mathematician: "1 is prime. 1+2=3 is prime. 3+2=5 is prime. 5+2=7 is prime. Therefore, by induction, all odd numbers are prime. "

Physicist: "1 is prime, 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 - experimental error, 11 is prime, 13 is prime... therefore by experiment all odd numbers are prime."

Engineer: "1 is prime, 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is prime, 11 is prime... so all odd numbers are prime."

At this point, my brother the engineer says "Hey! Wait a minute..."
Except 1 isn't prime.

Reactions: MarcoRP
There's always someone. I bet you quibble about spherical chickens in a vacuum too... :D
I was okay with you leaving the number 2 off the list of primes so that it would work, but putting extra numbers on was crossing the line.

And damn right I'd quibble. Spherical or not, chickens are pretty big. So, unless we're talking some industrial-sized hardware, the idea that you could suck a chicken into a vacuum is patently ridiculous. For damn sure, they're not fitting in my Hoover. :)

Last edited:
Dryden Supercharger under construction. More info on this thread
FB32DC8F-B4BB-415B-B9EC-583F7011DB83.jpeg