Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Amador Plaza (LIVE, 16 V2 stalls, expansion in progress May 2021)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this is part PSA and part rant so mods, feel free to move to another thread if you feel that is appropriate.

the charger at the very end (1A I think) had someone with VERY strong perfume on their hands use it. This was exacerbated by the fact that the button to open the charge port didn't work, so I was holding the handle a bit longer and with both hands. Was sitting in the car using my phone for about 10 minutes and the smell was so strong I had to go to try and wash my hands. Despite washing twice, smell is still there (and on my phone as well).

The PSA is to use a paper towel to use the charger on 1A unless you want your hands to smell like perfume the rest of the day. :mad:

• Funny
Reactions: CalBlue 85D
Looks like this location is permanently topped at 80%. Went there yesterday at 10AM and there were only 2 other cars charging. 80% limit was in effect.

Also, they had this sign showing new Supercharger locations.

20190711_123213.jpg

Tesla applied for a permit to install the following at the Dublin service center address, permit # BLDG-2019-02017.

"Installation of new 1338 kWh battery energy storage system, new concrete slab with energy storage equipment and extended electrical equipment enclosure with new access gates."

That's a big battery to add to the service center, equivalent to about 100 Powerwalls. Curious to see if it will be used to upgrade Dublin to V3 SuperChargers or something else. We'll see if any other permits pop up.

It makes sense. The Dublin supercharger is one of the busiest stations, but they can't get more electrical service without upgrading the city's entire grid (or some other nonsense). With batteries they can maximize the usage of their grid connection. My average supercharge session is 33kWh. If the battery only charges at night, it would allow an additional 40 charges a day. But if it maximizes the grid connection by charging whenever there's excess capacity the batteries could easily allow several hundred additional charges a day.

Hey y'all, how's this station doing these days, does it still have regular lines and have the other San Ramon and Dublin superchargers helped at all? Did the V3 upgrade ever complete? Also how many new stalls will it be if it's an expansion?

Last edited: