Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Amador Valley Blvd (LIVE 3 Nov 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today a new permit popped up in the City of Dublin for a new Supercharger on Amador Valley Blvd near Downtown Dublin. The address is listed as 7841 AMADOR VALLEY BLVD which is the Shamrock Village shopping center where big lots, dollar tree, Erik’s and some others are located. Hopefully this one goes faster then the last one in Dublin over at Fallon Gateway

Permit # is BLDG-2022-00550, and it's pending, but hasn't been approved/issued yet.

Description: Installation of Tesla EV Superchargers
Valuation: 250000

Attachments

• Dublin_AV_permit.png
    Dublin_AV_permit.png
    612.3 KB · Views: 837
Nice. This will make 3 locations in Dublin alone, with others in Pleasanton and San Ramon.

I wish we could get one in Pleasanton, near Bernal and 680. There seems to be plenty of space across Bernal from Safeway on Koll Center Dr at the shopping center with Mexico Lindo, Jersey Mike, Round Table, Sultan's Kabob, and Chipotle.

Last edited:
I just walked around the whole project and I cannot figure out where they're gonna put the transformer

Otherwise it's coming along. Highly recommend the Mexican restaurant in the background. This is my wife's Big Lots/Dollar Tree, so super convenient
Maybe this is related? Meaning transformer will be a fair distance away?

1661009523883.png

And from the original permit:
1661009837393.png

Reactions: theflyer
I was just there shopping with the wife, it's easier to see in daylight:

9029485F-D84B-41DC-9781-5BE5DC136D4B_1_105_c.jpeg
6842AE57-98BF-445E-8C5A-51F2CECC6CBD_1_105_c.jpeg

I was checking out this space next to the main road, perhaps easier to get a PG&E delivery crane truck in from that side if this is where the transformer is going, but then I think I met @dwolf725 who was also checking it out. He said there were tire prints near the existing transformer across the driveway:

9A7F03E3-547B-4F6A-B648-1C182957808C_1_105_c.jpeg

That pad looks like it could take a much larger transformer, perhaps that's where it's gonna go

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl and bmah
@Randy Spencer , was nice running into you today. It is interesting how much room there is behind the cabinets. I need to get some better pics but there was definitely asphalt work on the one side and concrete work on the other side of that main driveway into the complex. Not sure it's related but we'll have to see what PG&E does here.

Looking at the permit, there was a final electrical scheduled for Friday but it was canceled. They need to put up the signs and redo some striping, but after that and rescheduling the electrical final they are close to being done.

IMG_3989.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
We were driving by today. Fencing is gone so it looks very close of opening. I like the pull forward stalls on one side. Also, they stalls seem a little wider than many locations (Cybertruck ready?). Also, notice the big bollards to prevent people from taking out a charging stand when pulling in forward.

The location is great with the buffet, donut, Erik's Deli Cafe, and other food places in the same plaza. There is Bagel Bakery and Paris Baguette just down the street, and on Dublin Blvd, Starbucks. If you are into Asian food shopping, there is 99 Ranch Market across the street.

Here are some pictures from today.

20220911_085546.jpg
20220911_085449.jpg

Last edited:
Also the address on the PG&E permit that @Mrbrock found (PWEN-2022-00198), 7841 AMADOR VALLEY, is the same address listed on the Tesla cabinet, so got to be related. No updates on that permit either. View attachment 857554
The site has passed electrical inspection pending a GFCI test (Tillamook, OR had a similar delay of about two weeks when electrical wqs completed).
1664337181785.png

Also regarding PG&E, looks like they have to inspect first then they will get approval to bore. Missed this one when I was looking last time since it mentions sewers initially.

1664336881082.png