Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Amador Valley Blvd (LIVE 3 Nov 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Live now according to the app, thanks to TOEB FB for the tip!

Bruce.

IMG_2356.png

Contrast @israndy's picture with earlier on Saturday (about 10AM) when I had it all to myself. I'm guessing a scene like this will be rare in the future.

Bruce.

View attachment 988140
I am heading over there in a few minutes. Do I get donuts at Dough Boy's donuts shown in the shot or walk 200 yards and get a bagel at Bagel Bakery or a pasty at Paris Baguette. Decisions, decisions, ...

Reactions: bmah
Evenings will likely always be busier with local residents charging before going home so they have full charge vs weekend mornings. People tend to charge the night before vs getting up early to charge on the way.
I assume it is the same here. At least the rates go up a lot in the late weekday afternoon. I am cheap and charge in the morning.

Looks like it's flat rate at this charger: 37¢/kWh

I think it's smart, especially as we move into winter, to charge on the way home so you don't have to wait while the battery warms up in the morning to charge faster.

Looks like it's flat rate at this charger: 37¢/kWh

I think it's smart, especially as we move into winter, to charge on the way home so you don't have to wait while the battery warms up in the morning to charge faster.
I think a lot of people do charge in the evening. At least by me it seems like the chargers are much busier. That is why I go in the morning if I go on weekdays. 9 AM seems to be a sweet spot with most people on their way to work, or already there.

Is this location not showing up on other's cars? I wanted to navigate to it get the battery warm and it did now show up on the list. I ended up using the SC location on the GPS.

And I am more curious than complaining. The 2 times I have been there was only one other car was there. ;)

Last edited:
You never know what you find at a Supercharger. This morning we found this.

No Tesla folks around. Probably eating donuts at Donut Boys.

Tesla_truck_1.jpeg

Attachments

• Tesla_truck_2.jpeg
    Tesla_truck_2.jpeg
    537.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Tesla_truck_fingerprints.jpeg
    Tesla_truck_fingerprints.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Tesla_truck_wiper.jpeg
    Tesla_truck_wiper.jpeg
    497 KB · Views: 18
  • Tesla_truck_3.jpeg
    Tesla_truck_3.jpeg
    495.3 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Mrbrock and bmah
I am sorry to report that the local Next Door mailing list reported that someone vandalized all of the Dublin site superchargers by cutting all of the cables. Pictures were posted but I have not checked it out myself. The photos showed all of the cables cut off nearly flush at the exit sites from the chargers and I am amazed that they did not electrocute themselves. I wonder if this type of vandalism will be the wave of the future.

I am sorry to report that the local Next Door mailing list reported that someone vandalized all of the Dublin site superchargers by cutting all of the cables. Pictures were posted but I have not checked it out myself. The photos showed all of the cables cut off nearly flush at the exit sites from the chargers and I am amazed that they did not electrocute themselves. I wonder if this type of vandalism will be the wave of the future.
Which site? None of them are greyed out or circled and slashed in the app.

Which site? None of them are greyed out or circled and slashed in the app.

The site for this thread (Dublin, CA - Amador Valley Blvd.). I saw a repost of the NextDoor report on a local Tesla FB group, as well as a lot of chatter on the topic. From what I can tell, Tesla replaced the affected cables sometime before or over the weekend, and the site is operational as of Sunday evening, perhaps sooner. Haven't seen any of this first-hand.

(And responding to a comment a couple posts up, there's no high-voltage current flowing until the handshake between the charger and the car is completed.)

Bruce.

Reactions: Mrbrock
That is bad. Probably done to get the copper for resale.

But they must have fixed it fast. As far as I could tell all the chargers were working on yesterday, Sunday, late morning when we charged.

I guess Tesla needs to put their camera hardware into their Superchargers stands and capture some nice photos of the faces and vehicles used by these thieves.

Back in the day when this was rare I discovered it had happened at the new Oakhurst site after it opened but before I got there the same week. Tesla did almost the same, near to next day replacement of the cords when I checked later. They also brought out one of those Walmart parking lot security robots with the cameras up high and the blinking blue lights all powered by solar panels.

Interestingly those are popping up everywhere. My nephew had his car stolen when he was parked next to one, so not very useful, the security company even refused to release the photos they may have taken of the event.

I was just at the Oakland Supercharger across from the Coliseum and they had one of those watching the Superchargers (or McDonald's Trash, not sure which) and someone had stolen the tower part that has the cameras and lights on it. The wheels and solar panels were still there though. Considering how little policing there is these days there should be a name for this age we have moved into. Like the Bronze Age, or the Space Age. Clepto Age?