Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Dublin Boulevard (LIVE 29 Oct 2021, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was driving by on 580 and saw charging stands! So I swung by and grabbed some photos of them.
pano_20200126_121916-vr-jpg.504614
Wow! That is a crazy new color scheme, I am used to TESLA being in Red, not the Silver that is on the sides of the stanchion

Stopped by today. Construction equipment is gone except for 1 last pod. This looks ready to open any day now. Some of the caution tape is now gone, maybe fallen off?

Attachments

• 20200215_090623.jpg
    20200215_090623.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 20200215_090647.jpg
    20200215_090647.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 20200215_090715.jpg
    20200215_090715.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200215_090733.jpg
    20200215_090733.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 80
Good news, they are still working on this site, bad news, still no transformer

Superchargers waiting for a transformer to open

B2DAF3E4-6396-4017-8237-98CC7D3850B2_1_105_c.jpeg
31C166DD-3B1D-4B7D-8BA3-5CB284B10D18_1_105_c.jpeg
IMG_0435.jpeg
93839547-EE1E-46DB-B4A9-E8AEF7D57527_1_105_c.jpeg

I had to go by and see for myself what was going on. I thought that earlier photo I commented on showed grey text on the stations, but seeing it in person revealed they are perfectly normal, sadly v2 Superchargers, like the station in Novato. Good job @bmah, I was sure it was v3 from the earlier photos. Ah, well...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kayoss and mociaf9
Well there have been a lot of changes in the world since the last post in this thread (coincidentally from me). Unfortunately the state of this Supercharger is still the same (connectors taped up with yellow caution tape).

Bruce.

What is holding up this Supercharger?

A combination of Covid-19 and new rules. Alameda County stopped doing any sort of inspections unless it was a life safety issue. I had work done in my house and the final inspection is on hold pending the end of SIP as it was NOT life safety. I'm guessing it's that plus the team at Tesla doing the work may not be able to do the work (ie, property owner possible or the county/city).

Manteca opened their new Supercharger today, so some progress during SiP
Manteca is in San Joaquin County which has eased up on their SIP. Alameda County which includes Livermore has not, hence the tweet storm yesterday about opening up Freemont which is also in Alameda County. Even thought these new Superchargers are in Livermore, I'm going to guess that their inspection team is possibly under the same rules as the larger Alameda County which might make sense why Fremont Factory is still under lock down even thought they are in the City of Fremont within Alameda County and the mayor of Fremont was in favor of Tesla opening up the factory.

With response to SIP. it sounds like the County supersedes the state and even cities within their jurisdiction when it comes to easing up the SIP.

Just a guess of course.

Reactions: ElectricLee
Manteca is in San Joaquin County which has eased up on their SIP. Alameda County which includes Livermore has not, hence the tweet storm yesterday about opening up Freemont which is also in Alameda County. Even thought these new Superchargers are in Livermore, I'm going to guess that their inspection team is possibly under the same rules as the larger Alameda County which might make sense why Fremont Factory is still under lock down even thought they are in the City of Fremont within Alameda County and the mayor of Fremont was in favor of Tesla opening up the factory.

With response to SIP. it sounds like the County supersedes the state and even cities within their jurisdiction when it comes to easing up the SIP.

Just a guess of course.

You correct about the counties superseding the state with tighter restrictions. The Bay Area counties were in lock down for 3-4 day before the state order came out.

But, I don't think the lock down has much to do with this location being non-operational. It has been more or less complete for nearly 9 months. Might be when Tesla looks at the usage numbers from the 20 stall Supercharger (1/4 mile away, same exit) across the highway they are not seeing what the need they were projecting. Because they sure are dragging their feet.

Last edited:
You correct about the counties superseding the state with tighter restrictions. The Bay Area counties were in lock down for 3-4 day before the state order came out.

But, I don't think the lock down has much to do with this location being non-operational. It has been more or less complete for nearly 9 months. Might be when Tesla looks at the usage numbers from the 20 stall Supercharger (1/4 mile away, same exit) across the highway they are not seeing what the need they were projecting. Because they sure are dragging their feet.
Sadly, I think you are right. I have been driving by and it seems like this project is abandoned. I hope not! I know there are chargers at the Livermore Outlets and Taco Bell Parking Lot - Hopyard. Maybe they are re-thinking this... but I hope not. I love having chargers all over Dublin! ha. At $300,000 each, I wonder if they'll just move all the equipment. If they flip the switch and it comes on, then ignore all of this haha

Sadly, I think you are right. I have been driving by and it seems like this project is abandoned. I hope not! I know there are chargers at the Livermore Outlets and Taco Bell Parking Lot - Hopyard. Maybe they are re-thinking this... but I hope not. I love having chargers all over Dublin! ha. At $300,000 each, I wonder if they'll just move all the equipment. If they flip the switch and it comes on, then ignore all of this haha

And then there is the 14 chargers at the Dublin SC and the 10 up by Target in San Ramon. We have 4 Supercharger locations in a 15 miles circle. 5 if you widen the circle by 2 miles.

Last edited:
And then there is the 14 chargers at the Dublin SC and the 10 up by Target in San Ramon. We have 4 Supercharger locations in a 15 miles circle. 5 if you widen the circle by 2 miles.

Keep the faith. When I bought my Tesla, the only Supercharger in the entire Bay Area was the one at the factory. :)

No insider information, but I believe it’s just a matter of time.

Bruce.

Reactions: TESLER2013
I have gone by a few times over the past couple of weeks and not much has changed. Still no transformer and there are the same 4 empty bases that are missing their superchargers. They did install 2 or 3 ChargePoint chargers at the corner of the target next to the solo supercharger handicap spot but they didn’t look active yet. Wonder how much longer until this one is live.

I have gone by a few times over the past couple of weeks and not much has changed. Still no transformer and there are the same 4 empty bases that are missing their superchargers. They did install 2 or 3 ChargePoint chargers at the corner of the target next to the solo supercharger handicap spot but they didn’t look active yet. Wonder how much longer until this one is live.

No idea when this will open. But how many people are driving by these days. The 580 and 680 corridors seem eerily devoid of traffic. Superchargers across the road at the Outlet malls seem to have 1 or 2 of the 20 chargers in use. Also, the Dublin SC always has chargers available these days.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert