Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Dublin Boulevard (LIVE 29 Oct 2021, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharger - Dublin, Fallon Gateway (permit found)

As of yesterday, Tesla applied for a permit for a Supercharger located in the Target parking lot in Fallon Gateway. Address is listed as 2800 Dublin Boulevard. This would be the second supercharger in Dublin, and is on the same exit (across the freeway) as the upcoming Livermore Supercharger. It does not list how many stalls will be installed.

Permit # is BLDG-2018-02182, and it's pending, but hasn't been approved/issued yet.

Description: Install Tesla EV supercharger station in parking lot - Target at Fallon Gateway
Applicant: Tesla
Valuation: 175000

Attachments

• dublin_sc_permit.jpg
    dublin_sc_permit.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 374
Any updates to share, anyone? I'm curious when they will open.
I just checked and the building permit application hasn't been approved or issued yet. It's still working it's way through the review process. Assuming that the current submittal clears all the outstanding issues, I wouldn't expect any construction to begin until mid- to late-January at the earliest. If they need to submit updated plans again that estimated date will move further to the right.

• Informative
Reactions: Troy916
Checked on the Permit this morning and it is still under review. Looking at the History it looks like the original building plan was Denied, and they had to resubmit the plans, and that was done on 1/30/19.
That third submission had all the subsections approved except for Public Works, which denied it on Feb. 13th. So, they'll need at least 1 more cycle to get approval. But with all the other subsections having given approval the turnaround time should be pretty quick for making revisions and resubmitting.

In the meantime, another new location just a few exits west on 580 was discovered in early construction: Supercharger - Pleasanton, CA (Permit found, construction started at 6000 Johnson Dr, 10 stalls)

Yippee! This one is closer to many more dining options than the one at the outlet mall. Excellent find and the more SC the merrier.

Bunch of dining at the Pacific Pearl shopping center, kitty corner from the outlet mall. Mostly Asian. Also new stores (Crate and Barrel outlet - there goes the budget) and restaurants going in directly across Jack London Blvd from mall.

Reactions: Pluto
Bunch of dining at the Pacific Pearl shopping center, kitty corner from the outlet mall. Mostly Asian. Also new stores (Crate and Barrel outlet - there goes the budget) and restaurants going in directly across Jack London Blvd from mall.
Exactly, and even more locations should be opening at Pacific Pearl over the next few months. I do love Hisui Express at Fallon Gateway though.

OK if we're on the topic of food close to this Supercharger location:

Gum Kuo in the Fallon Gateway mall for good Cantonese food (noodles, rice porridge, stuff like that). We go there every so often (yes all the way from Lafayette)...I usually will poke around the mall afterwards for signs of Supercharger construction. There are some "low emission vehicle" parking spaces roughly between Gum Kuo and Target, wonder if the Superchargers will go there (this would be a great location because it's on the middle of the parking lot and not super-close to any businesses, but running power there could be a pain).

Snowflake in the Pacific Pearl mall for dessert afterwards.

Bruce.

OK if we're on the topic of food close to this Supercharger location:

Gum Kuo in the Fallon Gateway mall for good Cantonese food (noodles, rice porridge, stuff like that). We go there every so often (yes all the way from Lafayette)...I usually will poke around the mall afterwards for signs of Supercharger construction. There are some "low emission vehicle" parking spaces roughly between Gum Kuo and Target, wonder if the Superchargers will go there (this would be a great location because it's on the middle of the parking lot and not super-close to any businesses, but running power there could be a pain).

Snowflake in the Pacific Pearl mall for dessert afterwards.

Bruce.

OK. You really piqued my interest. I am definitely going to include these places on my eating agenda.

Jerry

• Love
Reactions: rafa2020
Yes but Jerry, the new urban chargers that opened up a few days ago are closer to you now. You might know that already. I guess you will have to like IN & Out burger :rolleyes:

Well, I have no problem driving 4 more miles for better, or more varied, food. And Bruce has given some places here his virtual thumbs up!

Last edited:
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Well, I have no problem driving 4 more miles for better, or more varied, food. And Bruce has given some places here his virtual thumbs up!

Got another one, Amazing Basil (way on the other end of the mall from the Target). Vietnamese food, with Taiwan boba tea drinks, but we talk to the boss in Cantonese. I think we went there about three or four weekends in a row after they soft-opened. Not the same thing as a Supercharger of course but if you're out looking for impending construction and get hungry, well... :)

Bruce.

Reactions: jboy210