Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Dublin Boulevard (LIVE 29 Oct 2021, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got another one, Amazing Basil (way on the other end of the mall from the Target). Vietnamese food, with Taiwan boba tea drinks, but we talk to the boss in Cantonese. I think we went there about three or four weekends in a row after they soft-opened. Not the same thing as a Supercharger of course but if you're out looking for impending construction and get hungry, well... :)

Bruce.

I consider it fair game since you have to someplace to go while supercharging. And given that there will be 6 supercharging locations with 15 miles of each other we need selection criteria.

Reactions: bmah
Does the permit show the location?
It just gives the parking lot address as 2800 Dublin Blvd. and says it's at the "Target @ Fallon Gateway". See the opening post of the thread for a screenshot of the permit. No info on exact location within the lot but I'll be pretty surprised if it isn't in the area I circled on the map below.

Supercharger- Dublin_guess.JPG

It just gives the parking lot address as 2800 Dublin Blvd. and says it's at the "Target @ Fallon Gateway". See the opening post of the thread for a screenshot of the permit. No info on exact location within the lot but I'll be pretty surprised if it isn't in the area I circled on the map below.

Thanks. Pretty convenient since we shop this Target often.

View attachment 412422
Wow that's a pretty big solar installation Target's got there... You're probably right about the location. All the Target superchargers I've been have the chargers near the building but as far away from the entry points as possible.

I think I count 16 stalls? Anyone with a more solid guesstimate?
There are at least 9 supercharger cabinet pedestals (the bigger squarish ones with the rectangular slot) visible in the pictures. It's hard to tell due to the angle of the pictures and the mounded dirt in the foreground, but there might be a 10th one. Assuming all of the hardware gets installed at the same time, that should mean 18 stalls or possibly 20. Of course, Tesla could be pre-installing some of the underground infrastructure to support a future expansion, so no guarantees about the actual number of stalls on opening day.

There are at least 9 supercharger cabinet pedestals (the bigger squarish ones with the rectangular slot) visible in the pictures. It's hard to tell due to the angle of the pictures and the mounded dirt in the foreground, but there might be a 10th one. Assuming all of the hardware gets installed at the same time, that should mean 18 stalls or possibly 20. Of course, Tesla could be pre-installing some of the underground infrastructure to support a future expansion, so no guarantees about the actual number of stalls on opening day.
It could also be 17 or 19! For my guess, I’m going with 19.

Wow. If it is 19 charger stands, that is 39 within a 1/2 mile counting the 20 over at the outlet mall on the other side overpass. What a boon to people traveling on East or West on I580

sorta. The problem in that area is the super high density of locals with unlimited supercharging S & X. Whenever I pass through, it sure seems like it's locals getting their "Tesla OWES me" free supercharging for life.

Tesla should have killed that program years ago. Now they have huge legions of locals clogging up the SCs. There's only a hyper small percentage of the upper middle class local S & X owners in that region that don't have at home charging. Tesla can't put enough SCs in the Dublin, San Ramon, Alamo, Pleasanton, Livermore area to fill the demand from the vehicles with free for life supercharging.

Reactions: israndy
sorta. The problem in that area is the super high density of locals with unlimited supercharging S & X. Whenever I pass through, it sure seems like it's locals getting their "Tesla OWES me" free supercharging for life.

Tesla should have killed that program years ago. Now they have huge legions of locals clogging up the SCs. There's only a hyper small percentage of the upper middle class local S & X owners in that region that don't have at home charging. Tesla can't put enough SCs in the Dublin, San Ramon, Alamo, Pleasanton, Livermore area to fill the demand from the vehicles with free for life supercharging.

I guess the early adopters do get some privileges. Also, I bet most people have home charging. I do and still occasionally Supercharge. SuperCharging is one of the reasons I can get by on a 75 KW battery in my X. I SuperCharge even when I drive locally in the Bay Area such over to the City, or down to Mountain View. I can't stand to wait in line through, so if there is a line I skip it.

But based on my experience, most of the cars at Superchargers are Model 3s. Sometime when I put up 3/4 or more of the cars are M3s. It is cheaper than gas and I think that more Model 3 owners are likely to be renters or do otherwise do not have garages with home charging.

Reactions: awokeinthelbc
EDIT: Btw @ecarfan can we get the title updated to 19 stalls?
Why? No one besides you has suggested that there would actually be 19 stalls and yours was explicitly a guess without any firsthand knowledge. It depended both on the existence of a (so far unseen) 10th cabinet base AND on a rarely seen installation choice--i.e. an unpaired stall. Basically, 19 is a ridiculous suggestion as it's the least likely possibility from the available information.

Unless your whole point was that you were joking? In which case, I'd suggest you familiarize yourself with Poe's law. ecarfan or another mod may easily assume you were requesting that change in good faith and implement it without having read the preceding posts or catching that you were joking.

Reactions: Big Earl