Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hooray! Sorry I stopped calling the permit office, been busy the last two months. Of course after a full year of calling them monthly, I stop and then...

Funny thing is that I personally will actually be passing through Dublin on Monday and would have checked on it. But I might not have noticed it across the street!

Another funny is that the photo first photo of this site, the first photo in this thread, posted a year ago, is of the BK parking lot but shows the actual location across the street in the distance.

The address is:

2172 S. Hwy 441
Dublin, GA 31021

Considering that this site was originally supposed to be a stalls but is now 12, I wonder if Tesla wanted to expand from the original eight and the BK owner bulked.

Finally, reading fnewman's report closely, the crew was planning on delivering and and setting the transformer today, Friday. Just being clear about the fact that there is not actually a transformer here yet. I think it would then need to get final inspection too, so this could still be more than a week away.

Last edited:
I'm really happy to see this one going. It connects a route I use quite often (441 to I-16) because I have family down near Statesboro.
Dublin is a great location for anybody headed to and from coastal GA/FL/South Carolina. We have a vacation home in Hilton Head and coming back this is a perfect stop, this will take some traffic away from the Macon SC which is a slower V2 and has been problematic of late.

Last edited:
Reactions: windgrins
Dublin is a great location for anybody headed to and from coastal GA/FL/South Carolina. We have a vacation home in Hilton Head and coming back this is a perfect stop, this will take some traffic away from the Macon SC which is a slower V2 and has been problematic of late.
I would think the plan for Georgia would be to take the v3 chargers at Cordell and replace the Macon chargers for the I 16 side. Cordell is no longer needed since we have Bucees and Tifton on 75

yeah but they are 50 miles apart on the same road and the cordele location is terrible. Moving the cordele chargers to Macon would make since. as Bucees and tifton are 85 miles apart.
Gonna need redundant locations at Tesla traffic increases. Plus more closely spaced superchargers reduce the need for planning in advance. You just stop when you get low, much like gas is today.

Shot out to Supercharge.info. They already have it listed as under construction.

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 12.50.00 PM.png

I'm planning on being in Hilton Head towards the end of October. I'll probably be coming down through Millen to visit part of my family near Statesboro on the way. Hilton Head is a nice place to vacation. Roughly where on the island is your property? Have you used the new Supercharger on the North end?

I might go back via the Dublin route on 441 up to I-20 just to check it out.

I'm planning on being in Hilton Head towards the end of October. I'll probably be coming down through Millen to visit part of my family near Statesboro on the way. Hilton Head is a nice place to vacation. Roughly where on the island is your property? Have you used the new Supercharger on the North end?

I might go back via the Dublin route on 441 up to I-20 just to check it out.
It is a great place to vacation for sure. Our place is in south Sea Pines not far from The Salty Dog, the west side of the island gets great sunsets! I’ve not used the the Supercharger near the HH Airport as we have a Wall connector on-site. The island is well covered with the 2 Superchargers at either end.

Reactions: windgrins
It is a great place to vacation for sure. Our place is in south Sea Pines not far from The Salty Dog, the west side of the island gets great sunsets! I’ve not used the the Supercharger near the HH Airport as we have a Wall connector on-site. The island is well covered with the 2 Superchargers at either end.
When I was there last time with a friend with a timeshare near the airport, neither Supercharger was built yet so we ran a 120V extension cord from their timeshare condo across the sidewalk to the car. (we did put tape over the cord in the crack to alleviate the tripping hazard). This gave us plenty of power for running around on the island. There was a J1772 at the local power company office only a mile away but this was more convenient than waiting around for that. The Superchargers solve this issue.

Hey, has any of this group tried Tesla FSD Beta around the squares of Savannah, GA? I've used it around Snellville and Lawrenceville it's made a couple of missteps in turn lanes and such. Otherwise it was reasonably good with the latest release.