Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the Dublin permit office again and got an update from the nice lady there. Coincidentally she had just asked for, and received, an update from Tesla on this. Unfortunately, what they said was they expected to have a planned construction start date in later January. Note, NOT actually starting then, rather that's when they would know when :)

So I think this site is just sitting on the back burner as Tesla works through higher priority sites, and they are just keeping it pushed out two months in the future. When it's time, it'll probably leap forward. For now, though, nothing to see here ...
Thanks for the update.

The newly online Cordele SC is pretty much identical to Dublin in the sense of what Tesla is trying to achieve on the corridors out of Atlanta past Macon. They put that Cordele one up pretty quickly also. So I find it interesting Tesla would sit on this site for so long. I mean they throw these things up very quickly nowadays and to get a permit approved and then not work on the site for so long is bizarre to me. We've seen permit to construction to online phases going down in terms of days, not up.

Reactions: ChrisC
It's been 6-7 weeks so I called the Dublin permit office for an update. This time instead of the nice lady I got a guy who wasn't familiar with this and reacted with some bewilderment :) Their "system was down and waiting on IT guy" so he couldn't look anything up, but it sounded like it wasn't on their radar at all as a project that was actually moving ahead. (Yes I'm aware that it says Q2 2022 on Tesla's map.) Will call again next month :)

LOL, twist my arm ... It's been over a month, so I just called the permit office and got an update from the nice lady there. And ... Nothing's changed. They're still waiting on Tesla to move ahead with the next paperwork step.

I think you can look forward to either a Q2 -> Q3 later update on that map, or better yet ignore that map altogether since it's pretty unreliable.

Seems likely that their resources/contractors are busy at other sites since so many have been built recently.

I’m waiting for the one at the new Buc-ee’s on I-75 near Warner Robbins. It’s listed on the Buc-ee’s agreement from Nov 21, but no progress yet AFAIK. Many of these don’t yet show as coming soon on the Tesla map.