Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assumed the one that is already backfilled is the one for the charger cabinets, because it had 8-9 conduits running to it. Also, the contractor wouldn't have to wait for the power company, to complete that side. I assumed the other side was for the supply transformer, because they have to wait for the power company to come out for that segment. That was just my guess though :)
Notice the size of the conduit for the backfilled one. The size and the fact they are grouped the way they are in that narrow slot indicates transformer. The other pad is much larger to accommodate both the distribution panels and the Supercharger cabinets. There will be conduit coming from the transformer to the distribution panels, from the panels to the Supercharger cabinets and from the Supercharger cabinets to the charging station.

• Informative
Reactions: cgrubbe
Notice the size of the conduit for the backfilled one. The size and the fact they are grouped the way they are in that narrow slot indicates transformer. The other pad is much larger to accommodate both the distribution panels and the Supercharger cabinets. There will be conduit coming from the transformer to the distribution panels, from the panels to the Supercharger cabinets and from the Supercharger cabinets to the charging station.

I'm just hoping and praying that they work quickly on this -- I'll be in the area at the end of June and could sure use this if it's available.

I'm just hoping and praying that they work quickly on this -- I'll be in the area at the end of June and could sure use this if it's available.
Yeah well, I was hoping it would be done next week when I’m in town for the Memorial but pretty clear that’s not happening.
Don't forget guys, there's still the Grove City Super Charger, and if you have a CHAdeMO adapter, there's no less than 13 free DC Fast Charge stations around the Greater Columbus Metropolitan area. :)

Reactions: cgrubbe
I didn't realize that there was so many here, nor at no cost. How fast is CHAdeMO charging?
Current CHAdeMO stations are capable of 50kW.

Sometimes you run in to ones that are throttled, or sometimes ones that are in need of repair. The worst I've ever seen is 15kW, but it was in need of repair.

The 5 I've used out at Easton have always been above 40kW.

If you use PlugShare, you can find them all.

Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 4.01.45 PM.png

Current CHAdeMO stations are capable of 50kW.

Sometimes you run in to ones that are throttled, or sometimes ones that are in need of repair. The worst I've ever seen is 15kW, but it was in need of repair.

The 5 I've used out at Easton have always been above 40kW.

If you use PlugShare, you can find them all.

View attachment 304278

Watch out for the one in Old Hilliard, it’s been pushing like 9kW max for the past few months.

• Informative
Reactions: JohnnyG
Yup shot them an email but never got anything back. Others on PlugShare have also reported, hopefully it gets fixed at some point.
Okay, I called and reported the issue, along with had them expedite this to Signet. I also emailed their corporate staff. And for good measure, I sent a message via PlugShare to the last Signet Engineer that worked on this unit. Fingers crossed!!

Okay, I called and reported the issue, along with had them expedite this to Signet. I also emailed their corporate staff. And for good measure, I sent a message via PlugShare to the last Signet Engineer that worked on this unit. Fingers crossed!!
I got back two separate replies... here they are...

Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you had and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

We are communicating with station the station owner and manufacturer on getting hardware replaced. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA for you at the moment, but I will do my best at keeping you updated on its progress.

In the meantime, you're always welcome to call our 24/7 customer support line 855.900.7584 or check PlugShare for updates.

Best Regards,
Ausar
Greenlots | Technical Support
Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you had and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

We are aware of the station charging issue and are working to get it fixed as fast as we can. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA for you at the moment, but I will do my best at keeping you updated on its progress.

In the meantime, you're always welcome to call our 24/7 customer support line 855.900.7584 or check PlugShare for updates.

Best Regards,
Ausar
Greenlots | Technical Support