Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dubuque IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw this one pop up on supercharge.info: No other info available!

upload_2018-4-1_8-43-25.png

upload_2018-4-1_8-42-47.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-1_8-40-49.png
    upload_2018-4-1_8-40-49.png
    453.3 KB · Views: 139
  • upload_2018-4-1_8-41-24.png
    upload_2018-4-1_8-41-24.png
    488.9 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: TQCLove
Monday, 26 March 2018

Tesla charging station coming to Hy-Vee

BY JEFF MONTGOMERY

TH staff writer

Biz Buzz shares business tidbits from around the tristate area. This week, we highlight businesses in Dubuque, Bellevue and Elkader.

A new construction project taking place outside the Hy-Vee on Locust Street has nothing to do with groceries.

About two weeks ago, crews began installing charging stations for electric Tesla vehicles.

The Tesla Supercharger site will be located on the west side of the Hy-Vee parking lot and will feature eight charging stations, which will look similar to gas pumps.

These stations will be connected through underground conduit to nearby power-generating equipment, which will be obscured within a small enclosure.

Construction of Tesla Supercharger sites generally takes four to six weeks. Hy-Vee officials said a specific date has not been established for when the Supercharger will become operational.

“We view it as killing two birds with one stone,” said John Brehm, director of site planning for Hy-Vee. “This project fits into our sustainability goals and it also provides a wanted and needed customer service. It makes it really convenient for Tesla owners to be able to stop and fuel up.”

The Locust Street Hy-Vee will become the eleventh Hy-Vee in the country to incorporate Tesla Superchargers.

Brehm said Tesla approached Hy-Vee about the plan in hopes of creating a network of charging stations that extends from Chicago to Denver.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Drove out there about a week ago. Nice to see they cary beer in the store from Toppling Goliath.....I then stopped for a bite to eat at Lot One downtown, about 3 minutes away from the supercharger...The only thing about downtown is that everywhere is a meter that accepts change only. At least the meter maid was nice enough to let me go in to the place to get change first and not ticket my car. I will say their bison burger was most excellent at Lot One.