Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Duluth, GA (3585 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, no word at all and nothing spotted anywhere. So far this is behaving like Sandy Springs, which has been "coming soon" for like 5 years.

For newbies, ignore the map marker location. Tesla always drops that at the center of the named municipality, until it's actually online.
I truly wonder if Tesla just picks expected dates out of a hat for new superchargers on their map. They just updated the map last month too so you would think they had a pretty good idea of in service dates. For example, the new Estero, FL supercharger is already well under construction yet Tesla's map says Q4 2022...who knows lol.

I truly wonder if Tesla just picks expected dates out of a hat for new superchargers on their map. They just updated the map last month too so you would think they had a pretty good idea of in service dates. For example, the new Estero, FL supercharger is already well under construction yet Tesla's map says Q4 2022...who knows lol.
I think its more pandemic (contractor / supplies) related. Construction estimates are all over the place, from lack of workers to varying ability to obtain materials, its crazy out there.

I know people in my area who have been waiting almost a year for general contractor work, while 3 towns over, they WERE delayed a year ago but now they are caught up enough that estimates hold (and considering expanding coverage to other areas to get some of the work that the locals cant fill)....

It was also difficult for me to find the 4 AWG wire I needed to run for my home charger, eventually having to have Lowes cut and send it from another state.

12 station supercharger under construction on Peachtree Industrial just south of Pleasant Hill.

Attachments

• Duluth Charger.JPEG
    Duluth Charger.JPEG
    444.5 KB · Views: 379
I think the idea is that through traffic will be stopping at Buford / Mall of Georgia and the one here and in Peachtree Corners will be more for locals. But it is pretty weird that this one is so close to Peachtree Corners. I don't think the PC one is going away, the city encouraged Tesla to locate one there at the Town Center.

I love this location. We drive from Columbia, SC to that area at least once a quarter to do our shopping and to eat Dim Sum. Peachtree Corners is very nice but it was out of the way and I HATED trying to stop at the Mall of Georgia SuC for many reasons. I will be using this on for my top off before heading back to SC.

Reactions: jsight