TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Durham NC

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by gfb107, Sep 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. gfb107

gfb107 Member

2. Skateboardgolf

I saw this just today. Very exciting!

3. favo

favo Model 3 Reservation Holder

I wonder if this will be an urban or regular supercharger. If urban, maybe located downtown or by Duke. If regular, somewhere near I-40 or I-85.

4. Grizz

Grizz Member

I'm hoping this is the newer ubran style. Durham has a lack of EV charging stations. I'm pumped for the Raleigh North Hills Target station.

5. Allante

Allante Member

I predict it will be located in SouthPoint and will be a full SC, not an urban variant. Durham is too small and spread out to qualify for an urban charger.

6. syzygy

syzygy 2017 MS75D

My first thought was this will be at Southpoint just off 40. I'd also much prefer an urban SC downtown (or even a regular SC somewhere near 147.

7. favo

favo Model 3 Reservation Holder

There is a Sheetz off I-40 exit 274, near Johnson Lexus and Crown Honda. Possible location.

8. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Southpoint is an excellent mall.

9. ArbitrageMan

ArbitrageMan Member

Hi - any updates on this location? We have family in Chapel Hill. Without Durham, I'd need to route through North Hills on the way hone unless I charge at their house.

10. Tesseract

Tesseract Member

You can always use the interactive Tesla map to see future and current locations. The exact location may change according to Tesla...but right now it shows it next to the new Durham County Courts building.

Durham Supercharger - Interactive map

11. gfb107

gfb107 Member

Until the actual location is determined, Tesla and supercharge.info show the SuperCharger at the geographic center of the municipalities in which they are planned.

12. SigNC

SigNC Member

Seems like an interesting location. If on 40/85 it's not really that far from the burlington SC.

13. Grizz

Grizz Member

One of the Raleigh service center techs said it was planned for Southpoint. This was several months ago, but it's anybodies guess. I'd love to see one in downtown Durham, but near the mall is a better bet IMHO.

• Like x 1