Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Durham NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been to South Point in the past few months. I'll try and make a run over there ASAP to confirm.

I'm not familiar with any Mexican Restaurants at South Point, but google is showing "Uncle Julio's Mexican" near the Barnes & Noble / Apple Store. Does anyone know what parking spaces are blocked off?

upload_2018-10-28_9-27-12.png

I haven't been to South Point in the past few months. I'll try and make a run over there ASAP to confirm.

I'm not familiar with any Mexican Restaurants at South Point, but google is showing "Uncle Julio's Mexican" near the Barnes & Noble / Apple Store. Does anyone know what parking spaces are blocked off?

View attachment 347763

I visit SP quite often (because living only like 10 min away). Within 7 days (x.X), I'll double check the location and give you guys an update with some photos.

This photo posted to the Triangle Tesla owners group forum by one of the members. Looks like it's likely going on the back side of Southpoint near the Apple store where the entryway to the Tobacco Trail is that goes up to the pedestrian bridge over I-40.

IMG_4720.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: mikes_fsd
That would be a very odd location considering the layout at Southpoint. That is prime parking next to Apple and Barnes & Nobles. Putting a bunch of Tesla Superchargers in the middle like that is just going to guarantee those spots are never available. There are spots much farther away from prime parking that would have worked better.

I am skeptical this is the spot. If it is the spot I hope they make an effort to keep them open for Tesla owners. They do have plenty of security, but I don't think they like to chase customers much. I see lots of illegal parking that never gets any attention.

They are just wrapping up construction on the Uncle Julio's that just took the space where Champs used to be, which is right in front of this area. The blocked off area was where they were storing the materials during construction, so unfortunately I don't believe this is for the supercharger. Like what was said earlier, that location is a bad one anyway.

Reactions: tskguy
Okay, so I went there again during the night, no picture this time.

They framed the perimeter of about 16 parking lot (which I could assume of 8 superchargers?), right in front of weird Mexican restaurant. It does not have wooden boxes yet but it seriously looks like a future lot for superchargers.

I haven't looked up other side of SP parking lot though.

Where in the mall is that? Can’t find “weird Mexican” in Yelp LOL.

That would be a very odd location considering the layout at Southpoint. That is prime parking next to Apple and Barnes & Nobles. Putting a bunch of Tesla Superchargers in the middle like that is just going to guarantee those spots are never available. There are spots much farther away from prime parking that would have worked better.

I am skeptical this is the spot. If it is the spot I hope they make an effort to keep them open for Tesla owners. They do have plenty of security, but I don't think they like to chase customers much. I see lots of illegal parking that never gets any attention.

I am with you... I stopped by there yesterday and noticed a guy picking up a container.. Also running the power would be a huge pain.

They are just wrapping up construction on the Uncle Julio's that just took the space where Champs used to be, which is right in front of this area. The blocked off area was where they were storing the materials during construction, so unfortunately I don't believe this is for the supercharger. Like what was said earlier, that location is a bad one anyway.

Well, if that's the case, then I'm sad!!! I haven't seen any other constructions yet. Will go around the SP and see if I can see any potential SC installation.

Where in the mall is that? Can’t find “weird Mexican” in Yelp LOL.

Really didn't mean to be 'weird'. It's actually luxury mexican restaurant that they will launch in very near future.

Possibly Yelp is as vague in its location mapping as Tesla with coming superchargers, but it shows UNCLE JULIO’S as being near CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN which is a busy parking area right by one of the main mall entrances. It would be very visible for marketing purposes. Perhaps the chargers are placed back towards the street in spaces that don’t fill too often. Would be pretty likely to be ICE’d during the year-end shopping frenzy.