Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Durham NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Saved me a trip. Did they pass final inspection?
I have no idea. It doesn't appear as if any activity has happened in the last couple of days. There is a roll of tape on the bottom of one of the pedestals and when I pull up to check, if I see it's still there, I sigh and already know nothing has changed but check anyway. They check each pedestal when they turn it on so surely would remove it. I'm only 10 minutes away so I can check again tomorrow around lunch probably.
1623376253889.png

Still not charging, but interestingly, I plugged in, and while it did not charge, pressing the button on the handle caused the lock to release, which I thought was an electronic process. So, there’s power, just not ready to charge?? Unless the button on the charge handle that causes the car to release the handle is strictly a mechanical process?
View attachment 672685
Could either be waiting for final inspection or there’s something wrong with a transformer or something… who knows. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Still not charging, but interestingly, I plugged in, and while it did not charge, pressing the button on the handle caused the lock to release, which I thought was an electronic process. So, there’s power, just not ready to charge?? Unless the button on the charge handle that causes the car to release the handle is strictly a mechanical process?
View attachment 672685

If your charge port opened, the site is powered but the chargers are not enabled (switches are turned off inside the small door on the cabinets). Waiting on Tesla to come commission everything.

I'm still a bit selfish and would love to see a SuperCharging station at The Streets of Southpoint. The convenience of it would be nice ;)
Before this site showed up, I thought the Durham location was going to be the Target at Southpoint. I believe there was a rumor a few years ago that they were going to install superchargers at Southpoint mall, but that obviously hasn't happened. It seems likely there will be a station installed in that area... eventually... with all the traffic on I-40 and local users.

Reactions: swengl