TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

SuperCharger, East Brunswick, NJ - Brunswick Square Mall

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by tanker5, Jan 24, 2019.

1. tanker5

tanker5 Member

A new SuperCharger construction was discovered in East Brunswick, NJ at the Brunswick Square Mall. The person who reported counted about 18 stalls. The address is 755 State Route 18, East Brunswick, NJ 08816. The chargers will be located on the Barnes and Noble side of the Mall, just off Rt. 18. Permission has been granted for me to share these pictures which were provided in a FB group. The area of the mall parking lot is in the green shaded area on the attached maps picture.

IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 3
  2. tanker5

tanker5 Member

• Like x 1
  3. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare Mr. PlugShare

Seen what’s happening with the Superchargers along I-280, i expect this Supercharger to be working in approximately 11 months

• Funny x 3
  4. Shateam

Shateam Member

Welcome to the bureaucracy that is New Jersey.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. talhas3

talhas3 Real Estate Investor

This is awesome :)

6. zer0frequency

zer0frequency Member

I am super thrilled. I was driving down Rt 18 yesterday and just happened to see it. It’s a massive install (17-18 SCs) and work seems to be progressing well, but I agree it’s not done until it’s done :)

Can’t wait to have a SC nearby though!

7. zhu-

zhu- Member

I bet we would probably see the Model Y press event before this opens. I'm still waiting for the Harrison supercharger which had the charge stalls installed under tarps since October.

8. MidnightRider

MidnightRider Member

Wow, can't believe they got this far without anyone noticing till now

9. Gheldean

Gheldean Member

WHOA!!!!! This is insane, that's 5 miles from where I live and I go to the moves there all the time!

Was hoping for them to pop one in at the Wawa a bit further down, but I certainly am pleased about this!

10. Kewmpie1

Kewmpie1 Supporting Member

There are 6 Tesla stations set up there, and there are other sites but I'm not sure they are all for Tesla stations. I expect this site to be an EV charging area that includes 6 Tesla stalls and other commercial stalls.

11. zhu-

zhu- Member

Is it just me, or do the stalls look to be installed a bit too far to the right? Especially the first stall in the first pic.

• Like x 1
  12. mociaf9

mociaf9 Member

Most likely they'll restripe the parking spaces and will be using a narrower stall width than was formerly in that location. They might need to do so in order to scavenge the extra width needed to convert one of the old stalls into a disabled access compliant stall which will be a few feet wider than the rest.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  13. Gheldean

Gheldean Member

I went to check this out Saturday, and took some more pictures. Can confirm that it is 'only' 16 chargers, in 3 groups (4, 5, 7, each with a trailer unit)
    The wide shot one may be unclear due to glare, but the 3 'bay' shots should be clear. Also, there are 8 transformers, supporting it being 16 charging stations.
    IMG_20190202_082727516_HDR.jpg IMG_20190202_082748153_HDR.jpg IMG_20190202_082803244_HDR.jpg IMG_20190202_082819130_HDR.jpg

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  14. Syd

Syd Member

That's 8 charging cabinets, not transformers. Expect 8 charging cabinets (for 16 stalls), 2-3 switchgear cabinets, and 1 transformer if pad mounted, or 3 if pole mounted (three phase transformer on the pad or 3 1 phase transformers if on a pole)

15. Gheldean

Gheldean Member

Thanks, my bad on the terminology, still relatively new here!

16. zer0frequency

zer0frequency Member

all 16 Chargers are now installed ( and unwrapped). I am hoping they go live soon.

17. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare Mr. PlugShare

3-day old photo on Superchargers. Is this what you mean by tarps over stalls? 3D084A2A-C544-42A9-A0D7-0AEB75B3EEA8.jpeg

18. zer0frequency

zer0frequency Member

The last time I had seen them, they were standing off their mounting points and wrapped in some tarp / plastic wraps. Now they all are on their bases and no tarp/plastic. Clearly they are not live yet, but that's progress :)

19. talhas3

talhas3 Real Estate Investor

Was there today. Trucks still there.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  20. lensovet

lensovet Member

still not seeing any transformers there…