Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - East Greenwich, RI - 1149 Division St.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Create 8 parking spaces with Tesla charging stations in the rear of the property, having less than required side yard and rear yard setbacks to the residential zoning district

What: Tesla in planning process to build an 8-stall, V3 supercharger at what will be a future Neon Marketplace gas station (Neon mentioned in this article) to be built on the former site of the 1149 Restaurant in East Greenwich, RI.
Address: 1149 Division St, Warwick, RI 02818

GPS (guess): 41.664068, -71.492369

Tesla recently partnered with Neon Marketplace and is currently in the late construction/pre-opening phase for superchargers at their properties in Warwick, RI and Seekonk, MA. Likely, this E. Greenwich supercharger won't be open until 2023, maybe even mid to late 2023, as I believe they still need to demolish the old restaurant building and then build the new gas station & convenience store and are still working on getting all the planning approvals and variances for that development.

1640836472561.png

@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright

I wonder if they will close the other E. Greenwich supercharger
I doubt it. I think this location was driven more by Tesla's new partnership with Neon Marketplace and that they have plans to install superchargers wherever Neon is opening new locations for the next little while. I did see a note in one of the articles I came across while trying to find out who was going to be running the gas station that Neon had already partnered with Tesla but that they weren't exclusive and that they were also looking to team up with other EV charging companies that provided universal chargers. So, it probably won't be every location that gets a supercharger, as some will end up with stations from other providers, but I think we can expect a few more locations from them before those universal chargers start popping up.

All of that to say, I don't think the new location is primarily driven by Tesla's internal siting strategy and therefore doubt that it will have any impact on their desire to maintain operation of the prior existing supercharger down the road. And it certainly wouldn't be the first location where Tesla has had separate superchargers in close proximity.

View attachment 770767Fallen tree branches is blocking 2 stalls, maybe a third if you'd be too close to the branches and scratch your car. So, subtract that amount from the available list until someone can confirm this has been cleared.

Ill be up that way this evening. If its still there, Ill move it. Its why I had kids in fact. HAHA!

I have two. That being said, I own a digital marketing firm and operate in three states. Im all over the CT, RI, MA area, sometimes all three, daily. I also stay overnight in the Providence a good bit. I live in Westerly, on the CT border, so a good, valid SC in the areas I frequent the most, would be good for me. Onto why this SC is important to me, seeing I assume that's your real question.

Warwick is an area Im in at least 4 times a week, visiting clients, etc., and the closest SC is East Greenwich as you are aware. That being stated, East Greenwich STINKS. One, or two are always broken, the amenities while charging are trash, it gets filled up quickly, and is the slowest SC within at least 100 miles radius. The greater Warwick area is in desperate need of a new alternative, and this one is it. Being next to the airport? Added bonus.

Ill use it at least 3-5 times a week, and most likely stay near it when needed, instead of Prov. Its a major win for me, and my needs while away from home.

Moderator note: This post and one follow-up were moved from a different thread.

1149 Division St Warwick across Division St from the East G charger is getting a neon marketplace with 8 V3. It is in the permit83461FB3-22CD-4238-8B18-F43BE5C85E4D.jpeg & demo process.

Last edited by a moderator:

What: Tesla in planning process to build an 8-stall, V3 supercharger at what will be a future Neon Marketplace gas station (Neon mentioned in this article) to be built on the former site of the 1149 Restaurant in East Greenwich, RI.
Address: 1149 Division St, Warwick, RI 02818

GPS (guess): 41.664068, -71.492369

Tesla recently partnered with Neon Marketplace and is currently in the late construction/pre-opening phase for superchargers at their properties in Warwick, RI and Seekonk, MA. Likely, this E. Greenwich supercharger won't be open until 2023, maybe even mid to late 2023, as I believe they still need to demolish the old restaurant building and then build the new gas station & convenience store and are still working on getting all the planning approvals and variances for that development.

View attachment 749885

@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright
1149 Division St Warwick is in permit and demo phase

Attachments

• 27F2A065-7FE9-4E20-9624-43BC4CB2C0EC.jpeg
    27F2A065-7FE9-4E20-9624-43BC4CB2C0EC.jpeg
    571 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: JaeTheDev
1149 Division St Warwick across Division St from the East G charger is getting a neon marketplace with 8 V3. It is in the permitView attachment 772473 & demo process.

Thank you for the knowledge. I already knew this, though. You posted this in the Supercharger thread dedicated to that given SC coming soon as well. As you can see, Im active in that thread also.

Reactions: JER_1
Building permit 22-1826 was issued today for the construction of 8 V3 superchargers at this location to Gordon Building & Excavating. Gordon is currently doing the New Haven and Mystic, CT superchargers and just finished Dartmouth. A building permit for the new Neon Marketplace at this location has not yet been issued - just the demolition permit for the previous structure.

In addition to the previously noted building permit for the superchargers, there is now a corresponding electrical permit #23-473 issued 1/24/23 for supercharger work. This may suggest the contractor is working to schedule this work (subject to site conditions being ready).

Awesome! Definitely add me to the “go live” meet!