Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - East Palo Alto, CA (LIVE 30 Jun 2018, 20 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

trils0n

2013 P85
Feb 12, 2013
Earth
Week or two ago I heard that Tesla was working with the city of East Palo Alto to get a Supercharger location at the Ravenswood Shopping Center (University and 101 Exit).

Noticed green construction fences today, and inside looks like a Supercharger platform, but nothing Tesla specific was on site.

Excellent location off 101. Directly south of the McDonalds.

20180421_151336_epasc.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: KrenGrl and Chuq
Week or two ago I heard that Tesla was working with the city of East Palo Alto to get a Supercharger location at the Ravenswood Shopping Center (University and 101 Exit).

Noticed green construction fences today, and inside looks like a Supercharger platform, but nothing Tesla specific was on site.

Excellent location off 101. Directly south of the McDonalds.

Was that the only picture you got? The number and size of the stall mounting locations can often be a good hint as to whether it is a supercharger or not.

Reactions: Captrod
Was that the only picture you got? The number and size of the stall mounting locations can often be a good hint as to whether it is a supercharger or not.

I took other pictures, but they mostly contain a pile of dirt (from the concrete block with conduit stubs) and green construction fences. No stalls or Tesla specific stuff was on site. Might be jumping the gun with this post, but it matches where my contact in the city managers office said Tesla was going to put Superchargers.

• Informative
Reactions: KrenGrl
I have been to this shopping center many a time as this is the closest Home Depot.
The place is safe, don't stereotype.
Thanks, good to know. Don't assume. It wasn't a stereotype. A couple years ago I was working in EP and it was terrible. Still is in some parts. I avoid it completely when I go there. Glad t hear it might be improving in some parts. The comment was someone of a joke on the past history of EP. I guess some folks are too sensitive o_O

Last edited:
The comment was someone of a joke on the past history of EP. I guess some folks are too sensitive
Moderator note: your post was stereotyping and offensive. Any more posts like that, from anyone, will be moved to Snippiness. Any questions, PM me. Do not discuss this issue in this thread, or everything will be moved. Thank you.

Looks like this will possibly be a 20 stall station. There are 10 supercharger cabinets (each usually feeds two pedestals) installed as of 5/19/2018. Personally haven't quite seen this config before, with 5 cabinets in each of two locations.

Cabinets arranged 3 and 2 here:
20180519_175050.jpg

And 1 row of 5 here:
20180519_175247.jpg

The northwest red square is the first picture of this thread, the utility feed/transformers.
Square to the right of that is the location of the 3x2 cabinets.
The long rectangle is approx the 1x5 cabinet location.

The red lines are trenching. The vertical part of the 3x2 cabinet trench didn't have any stubs, so looks like the actual stalls will just be on the horizontal lines.
supercharger east palo alto layout.jpg

Construction fences were gone when I drove by a few mins ago and painting appeared finished. Few guys in brand new yellow vests and hardhats were standing around the transformer area looking seriously at the empty space where a transformer should go.

• Funny
Reactions: one5n1neSDoo